Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an M39 on an online auction. Big box arrived today and the seller threw in an extra stock with all the metal. He told me he had sporterized several M39s in the past and this must have been leftover from one of those projects. Now all I have to do is find an M39 barrelled action !

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
Nice bonus. :thumbsup: I could have used that stock about three years ago. Got a B barrel rilfe online that had obviously been fired with the action screws loose. Cracks everywhere. Got another stock from that well-known M39 monopoly store and had to do all the drilling myself. It will always be a mutt so now I am considering a Jmecks mount and if the headspace works a bent bolt I picked up last year to make a psuedo-sniper.

I still have the original stock but I understand that our usual fixer is overwhelmed with work so I have not sent it to him.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,098 Posts
I have just spent months hunting up a stock for my "B" barrel action. I finally got a kind of ugly wartime spliced one and hunted up the metal. Almost done and ready to shoot. Those Finn stocks are worth $125 or so for a good one with all metal fittings.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
Last M27 stock cost me $15 this summer! Just got to be in the right spot at the right time and know what you are looking at for a start. Bill

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Some guys have all the luck lol

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,013 Posts
Joe - that was the auction where it wasn't labled a PL in the description, right? I was watching that one. Glad someone here got it and it wasn't sporterized.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
ugh...I would just like to find a M39 in good shape for a fair price.

nice find, and lucky bonus.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe - that was the auction where it wasn't labled a PL in the description, right? I was watching that one. Glad someone here got it and it wasn't sporterized.....
Yes it was. I was quite surprised I got it. There were over 800 views on it and I figured it would go higher than I was willing to bid.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Sounds like you got a couple of "extras".
Extra good deal.

I've been patiently waiting to be in the "right spot" to get an inexpensive M28 stock for a few years now. Must be I'm there at the wrong time.

Phil

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,013 Posts
Yes it was. I was quite surprised I got it. There were over 800 views on it and I figured it would go higher than I was willing to bid.
I think you got it at about the market rate I've seen on them in the last year - PL guns are a decent deal despite their rarity I think.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,282 Posts
I think you got it at about the market rate I've seen on them in the last year - PL guns are a decent deal despite their rarity I think.
They are uncommon for sure, but since M39 production was so high in 1941, there are a lot of PL marked M39s out there... the hard part is finding something other than an M39 with the PL mark... those are the really rare ones ;)

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,013 Posts
They are uncommon for sure, but since M39 production was so high in 1941, there are a lot of PL marked M39s out there... the hard part is finding something other than an M39 with the PL mark... those are the really rare ones ;)
Anyone with those common M39 PLs, please email me for my address. I'll give them a good home! :+)
I think you are right the 41 Sako M39s are most common PLs. A 91/30 PL - while rarer goes for about the same price. M91 Tikkas are a bit more but not much and then there are the really rare ones like dragoons and the older M91s that are PL marked and you never ever see.

Maybe we should re-start a show your non-M39 Sako PL thread, Brian? Would be cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts