Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Nice rifle and it has the scarce screw-on muzzle cover. Does the cover have an aluminum insert or a plastic insert? I've seen them both ways.
Regards
Dan

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I know this post is almost 2 years old but would you know how long is the cleaning rod? I'm looking for one for my M954
The rod is 15.5" or 393mm long. I am not 100% sure that it is the correct original rod, but since it came with the correct original looking muzzle cover, I would think the rod is most likely correct. It is similar to a typical K98 rod but it is different. I have included a picture of it and a comparison to a typical K98 type.

Brown Wood Rectangle Plank Flooring

K98 style on top, Brazilian on bottom.
Wood Building material Brick Flooring Brickwork

The Brazilian rod is the same diameter for its entire length where the K98 style has a noticeable slot "head" with a smaller diameter shaft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks mate I really
The rod is 15.5" or 393mm long. I am not 100% sure that it is the correct original rod, but since it came with the correct original looking muzzle cover, I would think the rod is most likely correct. It is similar to a typical K98 rod but it is different. I have included a picture of it and a comparison to a typical K98 type.

View attachment 4005626

K98 style on top, Brazilian on bottom.
View attachment 4005627

The Brazilian rod is the same diameter for its entire length where the K98 style has a noticeable slot "head" with a smaller diameter shaft.
Thanks mate I really appreciate it

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Well... Considering your Thread 'lead in' had me conjuring something 'bust size', in metrics; as not! :) Agreeing yours a centerfold of its own sort! Especially gorgeous wood, for sure!
I'm not familiar with "945" model context. I have a plain old Brazilian '08, "all matching" & low SN as I recall. Quite decent, but nothing aesthetically special as yours!
Whatever 'she be', congrats!
Best!
John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts