Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recall having ever come across a first person German account of the effect on moral that free ranging Allied fighters and fighter bombers, enjoyed over France before and after the D-Day landings.

I've seen countless gun camera clips over the years of P-47s in particular, attacking everything that moved on the roads in daylight. It was interesting to read someone's perspective who was on the receiving end!

·
Silver Bullet member
5,580 Posts
I don't recall having ever come across a first person German account of the effect on moral that free ranging Allied fighters and fighter bombers, enjoyed over France before and after the D-Day landings.

I've seen countless gun camera clips over the years of P-47s in particular, attacking everything that moved on the roads in daylight. It was interesting to read someone's perspective who was on the receiving end!
My greatly-missed Uncle Micky [Wehrmacht signaller 1938 - 1945] could have told you quite a bit. The column he was in, marching along the Highway 57 near Moenchengladbach in early 1945, was attacked by US aircraft of some kind. He didn't have too much time to do much in the way of aircraft recognition, since he was lying at the roadside with an eye and an arm missing as well as a massive leg wound.

I think he would have agreed that they were very effective in operation, byt very anti-social in methodology.

tac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts