Discussion Starter #1
I do not have many 1911s or 1911A1s.

The following is one I do have though.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
61,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A view of the serial number

(Take note as to what group/block it falls into per the serial number)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Really early 1911, nice.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,647 Posts
I have a weakness for the early guns. Something about just 7500 with the serial there, no 1913 date, rounded rear sights and circled colt. Nice pistol. Does it have an early barrel marked on the back of the hood? I will attach a pic or 2 of a couple early guns. Looks like the board is kinda struggling right now.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Someday I would like to have one, each, 1911 and 1911A1 ... for now I must settle for my clones.

The good news is that if I drop a clone crossing one of the creeks as I cross, I won't be as concerned ... ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
61,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I acquired the one shown above many years ago, it came with a marine corp holster.

I shot it a few times years ago and then thought that if something happened, I would (at least) kick myself. So I found an old beat up, mis-matched one, that had an excellent barrel and I use it. If I dorp it, etc, no damage done.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,647 Posts
Even the beat up and mismatch US 1911 and A1s are pushing a grand. I used to shoot one occasionally and recently bought a Rem Rand RIA FK marked gun to shoot. Some idiot had scratched a DL # on it, which made it more affordable yet disturbing.

·
61,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't tell me that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those are nice pieces. I have a re-blued early commercial 1911...built in 1919. It was a gift. I still think she's pretty.

·
61,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is pretty.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
if you only have a few...thats certainly a good one to have. nice piece!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts