1,134 Posts
That is too funny!! :D

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow.
That could have ended ugly.
Only if it actually was a live grenade. Every "grenade" story I've ever read that was followed up on turned out to be a de-milled "novelty" like you see at every gun show (at least around here) for $5. I've got one sitting in the gun room somewhere myself. In fact, one member here has an interesting story about one a coworker had in a federal office building, but I'll let him expound if he wants to.

Not to discount the butcher knife, but it's not like "it could have gone off and killed everyone!!!"

·
Registered
558 Posts
It is funny that the police officer bought the grenade. :D

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,793 Posts
I think that's the catchall euphemism for "we don't like your attitude and you can't mouth off to us".
Not quite. The same nomenclature is used in some other states (ex: California Penal Code 422), and was referred to as 'Terrorist Threats' until the immediate post Sept. 11th period. They're now referred to, much more appropriately, as 'Criminal Threats.' Seems like a minor change, but legislatively it serves to demarcate the criminal, or more localized actions from those that would be dealt with via the U.S. Code, like Title 18 matters.

On a side note, excellent job by whatever copper innovated and came up with the idea to buy the grenade from her. Gotta love thinking outside of the box!

Poot

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,793 Posts
I find it more funny that the cop had $100.00 on him. I know many police officers and they are by far the cheapest bunch of people I know. :D
Soooooo true!

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Maybe it was borrowed from an earlier drug bust?

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
A bit off topic but I used to be a collector ( I would call it more "a buyer/shooter"") of military weapons in my youth. You know what? I even had the pleasure to shoot an original Delisle carbine, but never was able to find a decent live handgrenade. The stuff from the Bulge was to corroded and dangerous. Things may have changed a bit, the middle of Europe awakened, the Albanian stocks were thrown on the streets but live handgrenades seem to be rare like before. Note well: I speak only about my part of the world!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,247 Posts
good thing she did not ask for a dozen jelly donnuts...they would have called the swat guys to netralize her

1 - 20 of 24 Posts