Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,666 Posts
Someone wanted that stock bad. The vz24 band holding the bayo lug is kind of neat.

· Registered
6,666 Posts
I mean, if that is a kriegsmodell stock, the ones without a bayonet lug normally but maybe one barely sitting on that one, someone may thought it was worth a little more to get at some parts they needed.
The stock and rear band are worth a pretty good chunk of the price. It's not really all that crazy. Now the guy in the trader selling KM stocks for 2 grand is crazy.

· Registered
6,666 Posts
All I see is a beat up $350.00 (at best) RC, the two Guy's who bid this up are Fools. The Rifle had nothing to do with the Luftwaffe.

Jumping out of an airplane! lol I wonder if it was a Ju88 or a He111. :)

HDH.
I sold a rc full km stock for 400 shipped 2 years ago on the trader here. They haven't got any cheaper. The bolt is 150, barreled receiver at least 150. Late war unnumbered resto parts can bring some dough.

· Registered
6,666 Posts

I just wish the two Idiots who bid on that rifle were around when I sold off my 12 RC's. lol All of my rifles sold for well over $500. on GB and all of them were in way better condition than that worn out piece of junk. Off course none of my rifles were dropped from a He111 ;)

HDH.
The last 3 pictures of the linked auction explain why that rifle brought 800. Yours all look run of the mill wartime examples.

· Registered
6,666 Posts
Milsurp,

I highly doubt the two (more money than Brains) bidders who were bidding up the rifle had a Kriges Rifle sitting around waiting for some bands, but I guess we will never know. That's allot of money to spend for some bands however if it were me needing those Kriges bands I would swap in others and just re-sell that rifle.

No way would I ever pay $800.00 for it, bore looks frosted/ pitted up receiver to boot.

HDH.
Bands? The stock is what they were after. I suspect we could see this stock paired with a bringback action. Of course the russian serial number will be steamed out and finish blended in.

· Registered
6,666 Posts
If someone is willing to spend that kind of money on a beat up late war stock and band God bless them.

HDH.
Yep. Get used to it. Numrich aint selling KM stocks and the market is expanding everyday thanks to a certain set of books.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.