Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love how looney liberterians (I know that was redundant) claim that legalization REMOVES the influence of organized crime and, what is even more funny, is that they point to Amsertdam as evidence of said "success".

Well let's see what the Dutch have to say about it......shall we?

;->

-----------------------------------------

Amsterdam to close many brothels, marijuana cafes

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Amsterdam unveiled plans Saturday to close brothels, sex shops and marijuana cafes in its ancient city center as part of a major effort to drive organized crime out of the tourist haven.

The city is targeting businesses that "generate criminality," including gambling parlors, and the so-called "coffee shops" where marijuana is sold openly. Also targeted are peep shows, massage parlors and souvenir shops used by drug dealers for money-laundering.

"I think that the new reality will be more in line with our image as a tolerant and crazy place, rather than a free zone for criminals" said Lodewijk Asscher, a city council member and one of the main proponents of the plan.

The news comes just one day after Amsterdam's mayor said he would search for loopholes in new rules laid down by the national government that would close marijuana cafes near schools citywide. The measures announced Saturday would affect about 36 coffee shops in the center itself - a little less than 20 percent of the city total.

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
I doubt there is much criminal Activity around the coffee shops.......I can understand crime occuring near the brothels/peep shows/Gambling parlors.......but I doubt the POT smokers are commiting many crimes.....it looks like they just want the shops out of the down-town area.....a simple matter of relocation.....

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Been there, loads of fun from what I remember. Much slimier than Bourbon Street. Make sure if they are doing those live sex shows in the cargo nets suspended from the ceiling that you don't sit too close. One of my backpacking buddies got gleeked on. The prostitutes sit in stools in front of plate glass windows or glass doors, i.e. "how much is that hooker in the window". I reckon that's over now.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I love how looney liberterians (I know that was redundant) claim that legalization REMOVES the influence of organized crime and, what is even more funny, is that they point to Amsertdam as evidence of said "success".
You're a complete ignoramus. A true idiot. Please don't vote or have children, save the world from more of this.

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt there is much criminal Activity around the coffee shops.......I can understand crime occuring near the brothels/peep shows/Gambling parlors.......but I doubt the POT smokers are commiting many crimes.....it looks like they just want the shops out of the down-town area.....a simple matter of relocation.....

Okay, now he's at a loss for what to say.

First, deny what the city officials have said. If we can't prove that the officials of AMSTERDAM are wrong, we're in deep-shit.

God how I love watching your whole little world crumble before us Ghostcat.

Just admit it, you were wrong.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Been there, loads of fun from what I remember. Much slimier than Bourbon Street. Make sure if they are doing those live sex shows in the cargo nets suspended from the ceiling that you don't sit too close. One of my backpacking buddies got gleeked on. The prostitutes sit in stools in front of plate glass windows or glass doors, i.e. "how much is that hooker in the window". I reckon that's over now.
60 MINUTES visited those hoes in the windows several years ago as well as the coffee shops that sell weed in Amsterdam. Lots of places like that in Kommiefornia too. One part of Oakland has so many medical marijuana stores, that locals call their neighborhood Oaksterdam...

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Okay, now he's at a loss for what to say.

First, deny what the city officials have said. If we can't prove that the officials of AMSTERDAM are wrong, we're in deep-shit.

God how I love watching your whole little world crumble before us Ghostcat.

Just admit it, you were wrong.
No he isn't. This is just another case of you jumping the gun on one story and claiming victory.

Canada has lax drug laws, where are there hordes of organized crime?
Oh that's right, they don't exist.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I have nothing but EXCELLENT memories of Amsterdam...........none of which I'm willing to share!

·
Banned
490 Posts
Canada has strict gun laws, but the length of open frontier with the US means that only law-abiding people have to obey them. There is certainly some organised crime, but the big difference in armed violence of all kinds is due at least in part to Canadians not being as keen on shooting people.

I've been in Amsterdam too, and if morality doesn't keep people clear of the brothel business, practical virology ought to. Legal or not, they still have to employ people, and the limited availability of the traditional cheap whore in a prosperous society, means openings for often involuntary human trafficking from Eastern Europe, the Far East, etc.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I hated amstredam from the minute I got there a few years back .
Arrived on klm dc 10 thought I had rode in garbage can with a leaf blower inside .
The most overpriced place I have been told the airport folks we
should have let the nazis keep holland .
mcgoo

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Brussel is right. The queer and GC are the idiots here. Why, if their is no relation between pot and organized crime, are they removing the pot areas from downtown? Its basically the largets tourist drive they have.....So why remove it unless its become a problem? Yeah, thats right, they hate taking money from ghostcat and the queer! When we tell the whores that the queer lives in his basement, and rapes his family instead of working, maybe they won't mind taking it from him.....

Brussel, funny thing is, this will only get better. They have obviously drawn the link between pot, prostitution, and organized crime. And they are taking action. Thing that really pisses me off at the people who advocate drug legalization is that I don't want america turning into amsterdam. Place is filthy, disgusting. I don't want to live in vegas or amsterdam: thats why we have 747's and 737's....so they idiots can fly their instead of turning our naighborhoods into replicas.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
mouseboy, please tell us how you really feel. don't hold back, kid. canada..... lax....? you really need to run from the jim jones tent....... uh, i meant ronpaul.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
canada has lax gun laws? what universe are you smoking your daddy's pot in?

i don't know who is denser, you or gc.
Sorry, it was around 1:00AM when i posted that, I meant drug laws

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Reading the entire news report might give a better picture. It takes a while to get to the real meat of the story:

Under the plan announced Saturday, Amsterdam will spend $38-$51 million to bring hotels, restaurants, cultural organizations and boutiques to the center. It will also build new underground parking areas for cars and bikes and may use some of the vacated buildings to ease a housing shortage.

Looks like they are just as interested in rebuilding the city center into a more attractive place. While I'm sure there is a problem the crime "angle" is a popular justification for moving in and taking over the property.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463004,00.html

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brussel is right. The queer and GC are the idiots here. Why, if their is no relation between pot and organized crime, are they removing the pot areas from downtown? Its basically the largets tourist drive they have.....So why remove it unless its become a problem? Yeah, thats right, they hate taking money from ghostcat and the queer! When we tell the whores that the queer lives in his basement, and rapes his family instead of working, maybe they won't mind taking it from him.....

Brussel, funny thing is, this will only get better. They have obviously drawn the link between pot, prostitution, and organized crime. And they are taking action. Thing that really pisses me off at the people who advocate drug legalization is that I don't want america turning into amsterdam. Place is filthy, disgusting. I don't want to live in vegas or amsterdam: thats why we have 747's and 737's....so they idiots can fly their instead of turning our naighborhoods into replicas.
But Ruskie, I was under the impression that if we legalized the crap that would remove the influence of organized crime.

I'm so confused here.

Maybe Ghostcat can expalin how this works?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
should have read . . . .

Amsterdam to close many brothels, marijuana cafes - shuttered businesses to move to West Millcreek

SlimTim

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
But Ruskie, I was under the impression that if we legalized the crap that would remove the influence of organized crime.
Um, no I've never stated that getting rid of drug laws were remove the influence of organized crime. It will reduce crime for sure. Need an example? Try Canada.
Also, try comparing the crime rates of Holland with the United States. Guess which one is higher? Guess which one has restrictive, authoritarian drug laws?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Um, no I've never stated that getting rid of drug laws were remove the influence of organized crime. It will reduce crime for sure. Need an example? Try Canada.
Also, try comparing the crime rates of Holland with the United States. Guess which one is higher? Guess which one has restrictive, authoritarian drug laws?
Compare the population
mcgoo

1 - 20 of 113 Posts