Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
Some of the most accurate milsurp I ever bought came in 4 rusty tins I bought on special from Classic a few years back for $59 a tin, just because the tins were a bit nasty looking.

Turned out to be Russian 188 Novosibirsk, the best I have ever had, with mid-range capabilities as good as "Extra" or "Match" out to 400 yards. Rusty tins don't always mean anything is wrong with what is in 'em.

It may he an anomoly but I ordered a crate from the company linked above. upon opening the box the crate was shipped in fine wood dust blew in my face. The crate was completely rotted and fell apart when I took the band off. The cans had a line of rust around the seal. Several attempts to contact company but no reply... Just an FYI and like I said maybe mine was a fluke....

· Banned
5,142 Posts
i picked up 4 cans of 7.62x54r for 99.00 a can pluse 6.00 tax at a local dunhams. they have been having sales about twice a month here. not the best price but at least i have increased my stash for feeding my rifles. eastbank.

· Registered
891 Posts
I know I need to buy ammo, but every time I'm ready to buy a can or two I find another mosin that rips that money right out of my wallet.

· Registered
2,573 Posts
Tok ammo? .....that reminds me of a guy I used to know in high school that used to make small pipes out of .30-06 brass. Little toke pipes....;)
My grandpa found one of those made out of a .243 and 9mm casing. It had been used. I told my grandpa that he could get in serious trouble if he got caught with it. I threw it across the road into the ditch.

· Administrator
5,726 Posts
Originally Posted by clayshooter2 Tok ammo? .....that reminds me of a guy I used to know in high school that used to make small pipes out of .30-06 brass. Little toke pipes....

My grandpa found one of those made out of a .243 and 9mm casing. It had been used. I told my grandpa that he could get in serious trouble if he got caught with it. I threw it across the road into the ditch.
Didn't he tell you it was reloadable?
Allan Schisel

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.