Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a buddy with a Bulgarian makarov and another friend with a Cz.82 that want to know if Silver Bear HP will function. Primarily, the Czech is the worry. Apparently the Wolf stuff gives the Cz a bit of a problem, but the SB fmj stuff goes without a hitch. Now, they're wanting to know if there is any kind of problems that other shooters have encountered with the HP flavor of Silver Bear.

Any feedback about the HP Silver Bear would be VERY appreciated. This is for a former board surfer, my357mag, who used to post quite a lot. He's just been flipped around in the shuffle.

·
Administrator
7,392 Posts
Some have shot the SB HP without a problem, some have reported they had difficulty. You can't guarentee that he won't have a problem. But I think that after a break-in period, with a feed ramp polish, it can work out.

I remember my357mag. If he's having a problem logging in have him write Vic directly:

[email protected]

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tried some of the silver bear HP in my Bulgy Mak, Radom P64 and FEG PA63 and it frequently jammed, several rounds per magazine. All work fine with Wolf ball ammo. I think the 9x18 is a better defensive round in FMJ anyway...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unfortunately, the Makarov may not be a good basis for comparison; it seems to feed everything without a hitch. Mine does, anyway (at least 9 variants). Tempermentality seems bred out of it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, gentlemen. I know that Thomas is gonna appreciate the feedback.

NB, it's not really a matter that he can't get on the boards, just that he doesn't have the time to re-register again. He just called me to ask me to post this here and the CZ forum. He'll be back some time soon, though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It just so happens that I shot 200 rounds of Silver Bear JHP yesterday using an Arsenal Bulgie that I bought NIB that survived a fire three months ago and before I had a chance to fire it. I took all my SB HPs and used it all up because I'm not confident enough to use it as my CCW load and because the Arsenal needed some serious testing.

I had countless hangups during the first six or so mags, which I assumed to be due to the rough feed ramp. A slight pull of the slide to help feed the round and it fired with no problem. The hangups decreased in frequency during the rest of the shoot. I also tried two mags that survived the fire and had weakened springs. I had several hangups, a stovepipe that required the help of a range volunteer to fix and a slide that failed to remain open after the last round.

Now, all my SB HPs are gone but will probably buy more for the right price but only for range use. By the way, I never had any problem with the SB FMJ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.