Gunboards Forums banner

AMMO: Original Swedish 8x58 Rolling Block

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Marzon 
#1 ·
I picked up a few boxes of this stuff recently. The M67/89 designation and the 1928 date lead me to beleive that this was originally loaded for use in Swedish Rolling Blocks converterd to 8x58R. On the other hand, I have read that some Norma 8x58R is loaded very hot. Is anybody familiar with this ammo?

#2 ·
Great pictures - thanks ! As to the Norma hunting ammo, I am sure they will respond to an email inquiry. Manufacture may have lasted until the 1970s, I believe. I remember I had seen a box of 20 of them in the brown "wood design" in the year 1982 when I bought my very first rifle (fitting to this board, it was a m/38 Husqvarna Mauser rebarreled to 8x54).

Carcano

#3 ·
I never thought of asking Norma. I just sent there tech support an e-mail with the photos and asking for any information they can provide. It will be interesting to see if they come up with anything.

#5 ·
I tried to get a clear picture of the headstamp using just about every setting on my son's digital camera. Of course I didn't know what half the settings were! I'll try again tonight. If I can't get a clear picture I will at least write down what it says and post that.

That was weird, I just got a "message too short" error trying to post this quick reply. Well maybe adding this sentence will make it long enough

#6 ·
I tried again last night to get a clear picture of the headstamp with no luck but I can describe it.

At the 12 o'clock position it is marked "V. I. 27" at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock it is stampe "19" and "28" which I assume is the year of production. At the 6 o'clock position it is stamped "HL". Also the primers have a very small N and P mark merged together.

I haven't gotten any reply from Norma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.