Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Because everyone has bought everything! Do you live in a sensory bubble?

I have looked on the sites I listed and see "in stock' on almost all the ammo listed, no I do not "live in a sensory bubble" and everyone has certainly not bought everything. Do you have sufficient command of the King's English to look up and see for yourself what is listed on these sites?

"Go ahead...look now."

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have looked on the sites I listed and see "in stock' on almost all the ammo listed, no I do not "live in a sensory bubble" and everyone has certainly not bought everything. Do you have sufficient command of the King's English to look up and see for yourself what is listed on these sites?

"Go ahead...look now."
try to actually order the ammo. you will then be told OOS or BO. I order ammo in fairly large qty ( like 10k at a time) . pretty much any "regular" calibers are NOT in stock. 9 mm, 45, 223, 308 54r etc are nonexistent or at exorbitant prices. old Mil surplus rifle ammo at $1 /rd, 9mm and 223 at ...$.75/rd. NOT the time to buy ammo. Reloading components are in the same boat. I have had 75k of various primers on back order for 2 months. I do have some ammo for sale. If I can get a buck around I will be selling off some of the pile....

·
Copper Bullet member
8,949 Posts
+1000

·
copper Bullet Member
11,467 Posts
ALL my usual sites are flat OUT!!. Only ammo i see is on GB!! or Trader. Even reloading components are in short supply. All of this is intentional to put country on edge by you know who.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Go ahead...look now.
jonny I just ordered a tin of 7.62x39 a short while ago from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. But it's obvious you were right and I owe you an apology Sir. Ammo is alarmingly scarce. A couple of weeks ago I had no problems getting a case of 6.5x55mm for my Swedish Mauser, but in a short time things can go to hell real fast.

·
Copper Bullet member
8,949 Posts
None needed. As of 3-4 weeks ago most calibers were available in high-priced case lots, but even that has disappeared. I just hope some arrives before the November "rush"! I don't need much, but what I need, I need.

·
Registered
704 Posts
None needed. As of 3-4 weeks ago most calibers were available in high-priced case lots, but even that has disappeared. I just hope some arrives before the November "rush"! I don't need much, but what I need, I need.
Well, when I started digging into the different sights I realized I was wrong. I did find some .22 CCI Mini Mag and a 640 round can of 7.62x39mm to feed our SKS carbines on Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. I have never dealt with them so I know nothing about them.

I understand, and as I said before I hope you can find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK I didnt know where to go for this but this thread seems to talk about ammo and prices. Has anyone else seen that ammo on a few places has gone OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive? I havent bought any online in a while especially from places like Cheaper then Dirt but $60.00 for a box of 50 rds of .40 cal seems a bit high to me. Or am I just behind the times?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Things won't get better and because I don't want this thread to get politically derailed I will just say they will get MUCH worse by the end of the year both for political reasons and the timing of hunting season.

I'm actually a little worried about both increased ammo taxes but even more likely a ban on Russian ammo imports (I have heard nothing to that effect but its logical for many reasons) which keeps the 7.62x* guns firing. If they had to use US production I think many guns will become economically wall hangers only.

I have also seen that every time we gun folk do the panicked herd thing the industry doesn't bring the prices back down afterwards. The bulk case prices of my 03 FFL days are gone and I got rid of all my semi autos (except my 9mm pistol) during the last panic at good prices, now I make every shot count. I miss my RPK with drum magazines.

To answer the original question I don't even look online anymore.
Strangely the local Walmart hasn't run out of ammo despite the other local stores having honestly all bare shelves and stuff going out the door as soon as it comes in. I think their warehouses acted as a big enough spring to hold off the problem for a bit so I buy a few boxes of 308 (I have a crap ton of 9mm) every time I am in there without wiping the shelves so others can have some (we are all in this together). Prices are still current market low there as well. I live in rural WI so your mileage may vary.

Expect prices to keep climbing, supply has no ability to keep up with demand, especially if Remington has stopped shipping ammo like I heard.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,728 Posts
I have three life time of ammo store..one life time to pass it out to my tribesmen!

·
Copper Bullet member
8,949 Posts
Gonzo by 3:00.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts