Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, where is the best place online to buy ammo and rifle parts? "SKS" mainly.I tried getting onto Keepshooting but with no luck, Thank you.

·
copper Bullet Member
11,405 Posts
Check the price much of what is left is 2x last year heading for 3x. Think its time for me to start listing all the odd ammo lots down in the vault.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Someone posted here .308 at $150 for 500 rounds. Wolf, steel-case, berdan primed, fmj "disposeable" ammo. That's the best deal I've seen. One outfit is selling 800 .223 on belts for $400-something - that's about all I've seen there, maybe some high-end hunting ammo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I usually start with ammoseek - it's just a listing site that pulls data from all over the web and puts everything in a sortable list. If nothing else, it will give a sense of just what the current price ranges are from places that have it in stock.

·
copper Bullet Member
11,405 Posts
I usually start with ammoseek - it's just a listing site that pulls data from all over the web and puts everything in a sortable list. If nothing else, it will give a sense of just what the current price ranges are from places that have it in stock.
I used ammoseek and tried all the stores within 100 miles and zippo!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I guess I'm glad I jumped on a 640 rd spam can of non corrosive surplus 762x39 that showed up at simpsons about a week ago. And bought a 440 rd can of 762x54 from a member here, the last one he had.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This ammo shortage is the greatest disconnect between supply and demand I've ever seen. Its duration and extent is unprecedented and historic and it certainly makes one wonder how long it will continue.

We are without doubt living in most interesting times. Glad I'm an American living in America!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Someone posted here .308 at $150 for 500 rounds. Wolf, steel-case, berdan primed, fmj "disposeable" ammo. That's the best deal I've seen. One outfit is selling 800 .223 on belts for $400-something - that's about all I've seen there, maybe some high-end hunting ammo.
That was July 8 - I'm glad I bought one and wish I had bought two. The cheapest .308 I'm seeing now is $250+ for 500 "disposable" Wolf rounds. (At Ammobuy.com !)

When it comes to markets, elections, the future, my guru is Sergeant Schultz: I know nothing. That said, if things go bad on Nov. 3 - and I know nothing - it's hard to picture ammo prices coming back to earth during our lifetimes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like to frequent targetsports.com for ammo lately. They offer free shipping if you are buying ammo by the case. I used to buy ammo from sgammo, but lately the prices they are wanting for it is most times more than I can get it elsewhere.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I usually buy from SG ammo in Oklahoma but right now is a bad time to buy ammo. The market is very unpredictable on availability and demand is insanely high. If you don't already have what you need, good luck.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,494 Posts
Ammo vs dollars..not a good formula today.

·
Registered
17,110 Posts
Hello, where is the best place online to buy ammo and rifle parts? "SKS" mainly.I tried getting onto Keepshooting but with no luck, Thank you.

Rural/low volume sporting good/bait shop type stores that have NOT been hit with high demand and hence haven't upped their prices.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What worse this may set new price levels that might last quite a while.
That's what I'm thinking. A lot of things will have to go right for this to end, and if a few things go wrong we could look back at this moment as the Happy Times.

Those 500 "disposeable" steel cased, berdan-primed Wolf .308s I paid $155 for a month ago are now on backorder at $175 - buy today and get them in October, hopefully. For my sins I just ordered another, which will see me properly topped-up in this caliber.

What's worse than expensive ammo? Yeah.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,494 Posts
One day..we will look back and think how prepared for thinking correct..
or we will say why didn’t I realize all the needs now all now a-parent..in hindsight?
i have no ammo needs old enough I’ll never run out..unless shtf uses.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts