Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Locally,( Connecticut) you will find common caliber ammunition unavailable and the remaining is selling at a 300% markup or more. The $10.00 box of 9MM. is now $35.00 a box. No 7.62 ammo period! I believe in a making a profit, but robbery is illegal? Unfortunately Comrade Biden may take over it will be worse. There is going to be a $400.00 tax imposed on AR 15's according to his handlers. Hard to believe the Communists may gain control!
Some months ago Walmart stop selling popular calibers in pistol and rifle ammo. The 7.62x39 and 7.62 x 51 have become extinct Our local walmart has pulled all ammo off it's shelves. Waiting for reloading products to be eliminated! (Hate this new format and advertising? Good heath and check the ready locker!
Subvet, now Subvetran!

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
I stupidly didn't buy tens of thousands of rounds last year when everything was dirt cheap. I knew the past 2-3 years was the "golden years" for new firearms, parts, ammo, etc. I was busy getting other stuff, and planned on getting a bit more ammo prior to the election. Then Corona came. I can't blame ammo sellers. Prices have increased on stuff. When demand skyrockets, so do prices. I really don't blame sellers either who profit. I said before, sellers were getting shafted for a few years. Now, buyers will get shafted. Best time to buy stuff is when it is cheap. Heck, people were complaining when companies didn't offer free shipping on ammo. As low as the prices were, I really don't know how these companies made any money. Now, it's their turn to catch up. I see no problem in that. Again, demand increases, so does price. I will say that I have seen very few people sell firearms on the trader at the prices they paid years ago (with only inflation added via the consumer price index). I've seen people make offers that way, very few people who sold that way though.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
The $10.00 box of 9MM. is now $35.00 a box. No 7.62 ammo period! I believe in a making a profit, but robbery is illegal?

it's been my observation in the last 20+ years during every panic buy that happened, that the people who didn't stock up when prices were good, are the biggest ones that are crying/moaning and b^tching about "gougers", "robbers" etc....

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Like I have been saying when he impliments background checks on ammo sales watch what happens to prices.....
Yes. When the democrats implement their plans, these prices will seem cheap. The dems policies will put many firearm businesses out of business. With a scarcity of goods, prices are going to go through the roof.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,962 Posts

it's been my observation in the last 20+ years during every panic buy that happened, that the people who didn't stock up when prices were good, are the biggest ones that are crying/moaning and b^tching about "gougers", "robbers" etc....

Very, very true.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
My local shooters forum sellers have been asking sky high prices, but it hasn't been selling.
There are tons of ads on my local forum as well with high prices....people who bought ammo specifically for times like this. I have no idea if any of it is selling though. I've also noticed ammo coming out of the woodwork for online auctions. I'm amazed at the prices people are willing to pay.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I recently saw an invoice for 9mm ammo at a friend's shop. His cost at the time was over $20 a box for 9mm fmj where a few weeks before it was barely half that. In the time since his price from the wholesalers has risen to above $30 a box. Although I know some shops are taking advantage of the situation don't automatically assume the ones pricing at a bit over $30 are at fault.

·
Gold Bullet member
9,508 Posts
Part 1 is the commercial ammo shortage. Part 2 will be the rush to get reloading tools and components, making these also hard to find and expensive. The new reloaders will not have the patience and concentration needed to make good, safe ammo, and they will start blowing their guns up. So then, as usual, the government will step in to "regulate" reloading in the name of safety.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.