Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this can in a trade a while back and I was recently told it could be worth $300. plus. Can that be? I was told that it is 1967 Chinese steel-core 7.62x39 ammo (720 rounds?). I don't want to open the can and am hoping that you folks can tell me what it is for sure and what I could expect to get for it.

While I'm at it, what is the 1950 FN 7.92x57 ammo worth? Thanks, DDR

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I have seen the chinese steel core priced at $1 per rd You can get $300 for it. (But not from me) And the 8MM about 30 to 35 cents a rd. How much 8MM do you have? Are you selling it?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1 EYE: Thanks! Maybe I should consider the auction for that x39mm. And where is it selling for $1.00 per round? Better yet, who is buying it for that price?

I think that I have 2 boxes of the FN, just need to find them. I have 900 rounds of 1955 Yugo on strippers and 500 rounds 1956 Yugo on strippers that I have been thinking of selling.

Oh, there is some Turkish around here somewhere, too. DDR

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh
back when Chinese "Kengs Match Ammo" from California used to sell crates of 1440 7.62X39 for 89$ and shipping.......steel core and wonderfull chuggin' in my Polytec Legend..

You figure a price on the 8mm?

·
Copper Bullet member
9,322 Posts
Some "Pirates" are selling Chinese steel-core ball ammo as AP, which it is NOT. It has a mild steel core to save lead use. I don't think that tin label tells you whether or not you have steel-cored ammo, so $1.00/round is a ridiculous price, even if it is steel-core. A more realistic price for that shooting ball ammo is $250-ish.
Good luck.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yes, you have 1967 vintage Chinese 7.62x39mm "type-56" (steel core ball) ammunition. The markings on the can DO tell you that it is steel core, besides, the Chinese did not make anything but steel core ball in this caliber way back then... It's value is whatever someone will pay for it. I've seen it sold for $.20 per round up to $1.00 per round. Look at all of the online auction sites and see how much of this stuff is available and what some people think it is worth. You can tell the current marklet value by looking at these auctions and seeing what the bids are. At the very least, it is worth what current production ammunition is selling for.

D.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts