Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dutchman
Posted - 07/03/2006 : 12:51:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up 100pcs of these and a box of Sierra 120gr MatchKings from a fellow in Minnesota recently. They look like m/41 Swedish bullets. The box is full plus the ones in the baggie.

http://old.gunboards.com/uploaded/Dutchman/20067305111_norma1.jpg
Download Attachment:
84.44 KB

rek41
Posted - 07/03/2006 : 09:56:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those are pretty cool lookin.

kriggevaer
Posted - 07/03/2006 : 12:47:07 PM

Cool find - I wonder if the Norwegian distributor, L.A. Enger & Co. bought these bulltets in bulk from Norma, then packaged them in their own box.

MP78
Posted - 07/03/2006 : 1:01:21 PM

Where's the closest range and how did they last long enough to get a picture taken of them? Since this ammo isn't seen very often, do you plan to keep them as collector pieces?..Jim P.S I have a box, 10 Patroner, Rostfria, Kal. 6.5x55 mm, Langa blyspets, Kulvikt 10,1 gr. NORMA, that needs ten cartridges to fill it...

Dutchman
Posted - 07/03/2006 : 3:36:28 PM

I'll probably load the loose ones. I'm not really short of jacketed bullets so for the time being I'll hold on to the box full.

I'v never seen loose m/41 bullets like this before. Back in the 70s I bought bulk m/94 bullets for handloading. Have less than 50 remaining.

Pettson
Posted - 07/03/2006 : 4:17:10 PM

Cool find! That's a really early box of bullets that are rare over here also. They are NOT m/41 bullets. I'd venture to say that they pre-date the m/41 by at least twenty years, if not more.

The Norwegian Enger brothers were the founders of Norma. In the beginning it was a Swedish-Norwegian enterprise with their own distribution channels for Norway, before being rearranged to Swedish only.

The German inspired "D Spitz" bullet was the father of all the other match bullets to follow, including the military m/41, which was developed and introduced based on the experiences made by the FSR. The first bullets of that type generally available to the shooting public were imported from Germany, and later on when Norma and some athers started making them, they kept the already established German D Spitz nomenclature for a while.
Sooo, that there is a very early example. I'd keep them and cherish them...
Edited by - Pettson on 07/03/2006 4:19:37 PM

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey, I remember this!
Say D, you still got those bullets, or did you shoot them all up? If they're still there, I'm sure they are just annoying you by being in the way and spilling out over the workbench all the time. Simple solution; Sell them to me! ;)

Pettson

1 - 2 of 2 Posts