Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Does anyone know where I can obtain an opener for a U.S. ammo can without buying a case of ammo?
I assume you mean for the Greek M2 ball sold by the CMP with the corned beef style twist thingy? maybe make one from an old spoon handle or something with a slit in it. I don't know of any U.S. ammo cans that need an opener. A pic might help in this case.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, I need to check on that. It's for a friend of mine. He bought a spam can of ammo, but I'm not sure what he got. All he said was that he didn't want to tear into it with a screw driver. He has a M1 Garand and a Mosin Nagant, both.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Ok for the Garand, if it's the Greek can, the opener can be fabricated, it comes off like the old corned beef cans, twist off thing. A spoon or something with a handle could be sacrificed to get it started, after that pliers or channel locks can help.

For the MN ammo can that would require a larger version of of the knife type opener, I've seen the corner seams milled off with a drill press, maybe a belt sander would do the job too.

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.