Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some newly surplused USGI "30 cal" sized ammo cans in. I note that instead of the usual WCC or LC markings painted on the side, some of these cans are marked to have contained 7.62mm rounds made by "PMJ".

I am curious to find out which company made this ammunition. I trust that at least one of you knows the answer. TIA!

·
Copper Bullet member
9,811 Posts
That has been posted here and in other places. It is a US off-shore contract from S. Korea, I believe.

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
The US has been "Outsourcing" its ammo etc supplies since the 1950s, with its "Off-Shore Procurement Program" (Mostly in Nato) where overseas US Bases get their supplies Locally, from approved suppliers, to US Milspec(or STANAG).
The Current drag on US suppliers for ammo (Iraq first and Afghanistan now) has had US procurement again source ammo from Friendly suppliers ( Israel and ROKorea are the better known ones).

Regards,
Doc AV

·
Copper Bullet member
9,811 Posts
Spain and Taiwan have also provided 5.56, 7.62, and .50 to US forces in recent years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.