Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this a few years ago from a rather famous Kommiefornia collector. I've not seen a better one offered before or since. This is so like new that the belt shows no sign of having ever been buckled. This is kinda not so good as I'd like to put it on one of my mannequins but I don't want to be the first to make that mark on the belt!
It has a rather large "NA" stamp that isn't real clear and is dated Showa 17. There's one other mark I can't make out. It has 6 pouches that hold 10 rounds each of rifle ammo, and has two pouches for the T-91 grenade. There is also a pouch at the belt end for a regular rifle oil bottle. On the back there are two leather loops that I haven't yet figured out. Note the different kinds of thread used on this - any thread that goes through leather is waxed. The buckle is steel, the repros I've seen have a buckle that does not respond to a magnet. Just thought I'd share this with y'all

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its fake send it to me.
He he, yeah right!
There's a drawing of it in my T-99 manual and it specifies the 16 holes in the belt.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That is one nice piece! I really like the way they did the grenade pockets.
Looks like it should still have a slip of paper in it saying "Inspected by 23".
Thanks for sharing!

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Adogs:
I own a well used example of the same bandolieer, it has marks of usage and came full of ammo and a 97 grenade. I agree with you that it would seem a sacriledge to buckle that to a dummy, I will trade you mine for yours ! that way you won't be accused of deflowering a mint ( never issued ) piece. :))
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Not much to say that has not been said, probably the finest example in existance, would be very hard to improve.

Good picts too. I really like the thumbnails, you can see what is there and decide what to look at first.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Vic! I think you should just send me yours so I can do a Japanese cavalry trooper mannequin. :) Actually, I did trade a mint Knee Mortar ammo pouch for this well used one. I wanted the Osaka markings to go with something else I have...

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not much to say that has not been said, probably the finest example in existance, would be very hard to improve.

Good picts too. I really like the thumbnails, you can see what is there and decide what to look at first.
Thanks Don. I had known of it for some time & never really thought it would someday be mine. He called one day & asked if I was interested & well - I was! It came loaded with 7.7 rimless AP rounds which are pretty scarce as well. I felt that I got it for a fraction of what it was worth. A keeper for sure!

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
I have it's twin in same condition. Mine came with unusual double bonus. In one grenade pocket was a hard wood, lathe turned replica of grenade & a wood replica of the oiler in the oiler pouch. Extremely well made & I can only hope they were manufacturers guide to check fit.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we're all just holding our breath for the photos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts