Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Come on guys, give them a break! After all they are including a free DVD of a great movie! Heck, that's worth the price alone! Wonder if they know that Roza died at the age of 22.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I wonder if that old geezer really is Don Mitchell...or is that also a fake... Well (maybe) at least he has balls to show his forgerous face. I would not if I was selling stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if that old geezer really is Don Mitchell...or is that also a fake... Well (maybe) at least he has balls to show his forgerous face. I would not if I was selling stuff like that.
I heard they are going to hire that guy "The most interesting man in the world" as a stand in

·
Registered
17,618 Posts
Didn't this exact same thread get deleted yesterday?

But progress plant was set up by a german company in the '30s. Also the PEM is a direct copy of a German scope, and lastly the Soviets Used the 3 post German reticle. So much BS in that ad its not funny.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Didn't this exact same thread get deleted yesterday?

But progress plant was set up by a german company in the '30s. Also the PEM is a direct copy of a German scope, and lastly the Soviets Used the 3 post German reticle. So much BS in that ad its not funny.
Ah Spaxs, I'm not real sure about that.
As I recall the Germans started using scoped Mausers in WWI for trench warfare sniping. At first they were using scoped hunting rifles from home. When the brass caught on how effective they were, then they started issuing "sniper Mausers".
After the first war, sometime in the thirties I think, the German brass decided scoped Mausers were no longer needed. I guess they thought "Blitzkreg" tactics eliminated the need.
It WAS the Russians that taught them the error of that assumption.
Dave Carlson, and Stalin's Ghost both know more about it than I do. Perhaps if they read this thread they'll have something to say about it. I hope so.:)

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,531 Posts
Stay away...Most likely modified bubbaed 91/30, and aged/modified to pass as sniper.

·
Registered
334 Posts
well when they faked the mausers it was easy to spot the silver bolt not going to be with the mosins . with the mosins it may be even more difficult to tell I suggest everyone go and learn the referbishment number Fonts right now

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Hmmm ...seems to me the Germans from Zeiss built the first optikal plant to build sniper scopes for the Russkies in the 30's
never mind that the first scopes used on the prototypes were made by Zeiss and Busch, and that the PE scope is based off of the Busch Vizarfunf, and nevermind that the prototypes were fitted with mounts made by the German firms of Zeiss, Walther and Gustav Genschow (GeCo)...and also never mind the fact that the Germans actually had an extensive sniper program in the first world war, and the Russkies didn't even have a sniper program prior to 1925, so it stands to reason that it was in fact the Germans that taught the Russians everything about the sniper rifle...

·
Registered
17,618 Posts
well if they are not the molot imports than wouldnt they have to be faked/humped? I thought the molots were the closest one could get to owning an authentic PU even though they were refurbed.

never mind that the first scopes used on the prototypes were made by Zeiss and Busch, and that the PE scope is based off of the Busch Vizarfunf, and nevermind that the prototypes were fitted with mounts made by the German firms of Zeiss, Walther and Gustav Genschow (GeCo)...and also never mind the fact that the Germans actually had an extensive sniper program in the first world war, and the Russkies didn't even have a sniper program prior to 1925, so it stands to reason that it was in fact the Germans that taught the Russians everything about the sniper rifle...
Yep this ad is a joke... for those who are not informed this type of puffery is just sickening... sad when you know alot of people are going to get screwed out of of $$$

I cringe when he says "my snipers..."

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
These have been discussed many times since MM started advertising them a few years ago. They are exactly the same as the Century imported repros.

John

·
Copper Bullet member
1,875 Posts
His ads is what got me started in collecting way back around 2001/2002. Use to read them about being the last of the German Mausers, when in fact he was only selling Yugo M48's at that time. But with the power of the internet and this forum and others I visted I learned the truth. I did end up buying a M48 first, but not from him, at a show in Birmingham and then an RC K98, etc....

·
Silver Bullet Member
563 Posts
Ive always been told to stay away from MM, and at the last show I attended I saw why - an obvious terribly faked MM SS/deaths head marked K98 for $2000! Vendor was selling it as UNISSUED! The waffens were restamped backwards and the metal was freshly reblued/stock sanded and new stamps applied. Easy to spot it was a Russian capture, and Im not a 98K collector/expert. I saw the ad in rifleman and will be waiting to see how these MM Snipers are marked so I will be able to tell the difference.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts