Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new and I have a question that seems would be appropriate for this forum: I just found a model 94 .30 WCF and the serial number is 1320XX. According to armscollectors.com and savage99.com the rifle was made in 1898. When I first looked at the rifles at the local gun shop (Iwas looking for a pre-64 model 94) I wrote down all the serial #'s of the 94's and went home and looked up the years. I thought I must have written it down wrong, maybe left out one digit because it looked to me like WWII era model and if I had left a digit out then 1320XXX would be in the 1943-48 range. Well to make a long story longer, I went back to the gunshop to double check and sure enough, a six digit serial. So I bought the rifle. Am I missing something or could this really be made in 1898? It was priced the same as another 94 made in 1948... either way I'm happy with the rifle because I've wanted one of these since I was a kid, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kurt

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
i think your rifle was made in 1898, and it looks good,except for the added recoil pad, if you could fine another butt stock that would be icing on the cake. but if you got it to use than its no matter, enjoy it. eastbank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I just got it for using, I would like to replace that recoil pad with something that at least looks original. I wounder if I can just get a metal butt plate or if I have to get a whole new stock? I paid 500.00 for this rifle... does that seems about right?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
696 Posts
I'd have given $500 for it in a heart beat if I was in to Winchesters. Try Gun Parts Corp for a original butt plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts