Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy, just passed over this beauty today - described as ALMOST NEW mosin Nagant rifle from 1932 - i am sure the one who sold it was missing the SA stamp on it :thumbsup: this why he thought it was just RUSSIAN!
One look and I immediatly saw & felt the UNIQUE FINNISH MOSIN NAGANT DESIGN - an M27 - second type - AND REALY ALMOST NEW - serials (Bold and Barrel are matching) - just the stock was a little to light for my knowledge - i guess it might have been refurbished? But if - it has been done in a certain professional way. Value?

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Whether you're lucky or not depends on how much you paid. ;)

It looks comlete, and like it went through the post-1935 upgrades. Somewhere along the way it lost its "winged" bolt connector, too...

The stock has been sanded and refinished pretty harshly, which does kill value in collectible terms. You're looking probably at a $200-250 gun as-is, closer to $350 or more if it hadn't been refinished.

·
Administrator
3,443 Posts
Yup, Bubba went and purtied up the stock. I would have passed too unless it was particularly cheap. What a shame.

·
Copper Bullet member
406 Posts
The pictures do make the stock look light. It appears to have been sanded too. That would hurt the value as far as a lot of us here on the boards are concerned. How much it hurts the value is purely subjective. In my area of the country, based on the pictures provided I might give $250-$275 for it. Others might go a little higher, some less depending on bore condition etc.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,964 Posts
I need to go check serials, but I think I may have a consecutive s/n to that one. y'all have a good day, Keith

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Like the others say, it depends on how much you paid. I can't say if that stock was sanded or just preserved very well without handling it, but from the pictures it looks like Bubba broke out the belt sander... It was definitely upgraded (unfortunately, but at least it was an arsenal upgrade), but it could be much MUCH worse. I'd probably pay about $250 for it. $275 if someone really twisted my arm (especially since I need an M27)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts