Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being single, I have alot of time to handle my rifles. Sometimes I watch telivision with one, go outside for a smoke with one (no neighbors close to my place), and at times, even bring one to bed with one, just to handle right before I doze off (and no, no live ammunition anywhere close, it's locked up)....am I crazy? Am I alone in this? God I hope not!

Regards, Diego

·
Banned
904 Posts
Well, we have been.....

A bit worried about you Diego....and that bit about taking a Lee Enfield to bed.....hmmmmm I dunno.....

Maybe you should look again at that avatar of Viper's....I find that very inspiring......:) Or if you ask Mr Horton nicely he may have a selection of delights for you.....

But what the heck....what you handle before and after lights out is entirely your own business......

·
Registered
401 Posts
Dont you worry about them now Diego.
The old saying is as true now as it ever was.
If It Feels Good Do It.
And a little Aussie quote if anyone says anything different just say to them ... DILLIGAF!

I'll let you work out what it means..

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yeah, do I look...?

Diego, whatever floats your boat.

I've been known to watch a movie with a rifle on my lap, especially if said movie is a war film!

Haven't taken one to bed though!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dont you worry about them now Diego.
The old saying is as true now as it ever was.
If It Feels Good Do It.
And a little Aussie quote if anyone says anything different just say to them ... DILLIGAF!

I'll let you work out what it means..
Do I Look Like I've Got A Fish? :D

(Apologies to Kevin Bloody Wilson...)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes you are crazy, give all your rifles to me.

cheers,
Lachy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lachy,
Didn't see you down here for the shoot mate???!!!!

Go on tell em what DILLIGAF means
Cheers
NED:rolleyes:

·
Banned
904 Posts
hmmmm what did the Marines say...

This is my rifle, this is my gun...this one's for fighting and this one's for fun......

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah sorry I couldn't make it para, I have been flat out latley.

There is a shoot coming up with the Arms and armourer in a few weeks time, so I hope to get a few rounds off there. Don't know if you want to come all the way to perth for it but it will be a good one.

cheers,
Lachy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah well, I'll be checking myself in tomorow :)

Only kidding. When I say sleep, I don't mean cuddled up with the rifle, but merely it at my side.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Being single, I have alot of time to handle my rifles. Sometimes I watch telivision with one, go outside for a smoke with one (no neighbors close to my place), and at times, even bring one to bed with one, just to handle right before I doze off (and no, no live ammunition anywhere close, it's locked up)....am I crazy? Am I alone in this? God I hope not!

Regards, Diego
Not CRAZY. Just SINGLE!!:)
God, I miss those days!
ATB

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Not too crazy...I've slept a night or two cuddling an M16A1. And I do mean cuddling, as it was scheduled to be checked for warmth the next morning by grouchy men in funny hats. :D

Plastic is a lot harder to warm up than a nice solid chunk of walnut.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dingo.. I laughed my ass of at this... Myself and a couple of friends have had many conversations about the new bought "stuff" we end up falling asleep next to... including rifles, fishing poles and reels,camping gear, car stereo crap....what ever fits. Any phone conversation about a new purchase was always followed by a " did ya sleep with it ? " I even wheeled my new moped I got for Christmas at 15 years old into my room between my and my brothers bed... course my Mother flipped out as our house looked as if no one lived in it but it was already the next morning :) Are you crazy ? Nahhhh... Live it up Kid, You can only do it once.

David

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not my avatar...but...

...here let me repost these one more time for all the lonely gun owners out there...and yes you are crazy to take it to bed with you...

·
Banned
904 Posts
I have it on good authority that....

'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. '
~George Orwell

Dr.Beer has these same rough men standing by his bedside at night.....So Diego...you're not the only one with errrr ahhhh ....unconventional tastes in night time entertainment....

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
...here let me repost these one more time for all the lonely gun owners out there...and yes you are crazy to take it to bed with you...
I would take any of those firearms you've pictured to bed with me, as long as all the attachments were included. Nothing crazy about it...

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
There's nothing wrong taking an Enfield to bed; if it was a Moisin, well that's a different story. I have a 2A 5' from my bed.
riflemanone

1 - 20 of 22 Posts