Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nice T-90 helmet at a local flea bright and early this am (6 am and armed with a flash light!) No cool story, just an item the people obtained a few weeks ago cleaning out an estate. The asking price was $250.00 and we finally agreed on $200.00.
The three pads are missing but otherwise the helmet is decent and complete. It would be greatly appreciated if Edokko could translate the Kanji painted on the front rim. (Unit markings?) There is also Kanji written on one of the ties, but it is too faded/aged to take a good photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great helmet.Congrats on your good luck finding it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edokko, thanks much for the translation! So then, I wonder what the Kanji says on the tie. The ideographs are definitely different than what's on the rim. I'll try and see if I can copy them to paper and scan the copy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, let's see if we can read what's on the tie.
Edokko,

This is what I perceived when holding a flashlight at different angles to get the whole ideograms. Not sure if it's spot on due to age, material, etc.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.