Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fact of the matter is that I have seen so few of these for sale over the last 5 years, it is not surprising that the opportunity to acquire an original may not come along anytime soon, so if one wants it..you have to grab it while it's available. These are extremely rare. Much more so than pre war Polish VIS pistols.
The rod is an imposter with this holster but then they cannot be found either.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It may be quite collectable and I could certainly use those two magazines but $3850.00 WOW!
Perhaps the "successful bidder" purchased it "by accident". When one thinks that one has a bid for something for sale on eBay but then gets messaged to say that the bid has been withdrawn a common reason/excuse in the UK seems to be "entered wrong figure/s".

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Funny how the pistols are worth less than the holsters. Meanwhile something like a Lahti holster people can't give away.
I have two Swedish M 40 pistols each with M 40 holsters that protect the pistols very well, Some of the folks I've shown the pistols to have offered me a lot more than what I paid for them including the holsters and magazines. I wonder why so many folks today look down their noses so to speak concerning the M 40's and their holsters.

·
Copper Bullet Member
527 Posts
Jerry speaks wise words. Rare & rare are accurate terms for that holster. A holster for the Roth M1907 sold yesterday for $1200. I was tempted. Look at what the M1907 chargers sell for. Accessories can be more rare that the guns themselves. The guns tend to last, the accessories, tossed and forgotten. Well, forgotten until time changes their status.

G2

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I purchased one of those pre-war polish RADOM holsters a few decades ago, back when I was collecting military holsters!
I never thought that one day it would be worth this type of money!
At that time I was focusing on collecting hand guns issued by the Third Reich, but not actually manufactured in Germany.
I found a number of RADOM pistols, but only ever located that one original Polish holster and one German issue holster.
I never had a pre-war RADOM pistol or any Polish issue magazines.
Somewhere in all the parts we purchased when APEX acquired the warehouses of Springfield Sporters there is a drawer of RADOM pistol grip panels.
One day those will come to light while we are sorting parts!

Richard

·
Registered
820 Posts
Don't underestimate the insanity of Polish collectors.... 😇
Think I would split this between WW2 era auto pistol collectors and what I would call "dedicated" collectors of Polish militaria. Unaltered, original Polish WW2 era anything is often difficult to acquire because so much of it was modified or altered by German reissue of their captured war material. Polish collectors know this well and it is often evident in what items may bring when sold.

As for the VIS grip panels mentioned, that would be a great benefit to collectors...just hope they don't turn out to be made of "Franzite"!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Agreed pwcosol, that is generally differentiates between a $1.5k "Polish crested Wz. 29" and a $4.5k one (unmodified and in original Polish configuration). It is more than just the crest vs scrub.
Absolutely. Here is a URL to my Wz29. IMHO this is one of the finest military Mausers I ever had the good fortune to find:

Post up yer Mil surp bolt gunz

1 - 20 of 32 Posts