Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's not that no one cares, it's more that few peeps come over here looking for or posting info on the M1 carbine. Another thing to think about is that while truly original M1 carbines are on the uncommon side, there are more out there than some collectors realize, one just has to know what they're looking at. Finally, when collectors think about buying a particular manufacturer, SP carbines are often forgotten about or overlooked, because while there story is interesting, they pretty much built the same carbine from beginning till the end with only a few tweaks along the way. Also, SP's number coded parts tend to dissuade some collectors from buying one they may want to correct.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Is6 ------ Thanks for the info. you provided on the Carbine Club Forum. I submitted my application yesterday for membership and should hear something today from them. I have two more M1 Carbines, an Inland Motors Div. and a Saginaw SG. I'll do my M1 posting there for info. on my carbines from now on to get their comments and recommendations. I know my Inland has a replacement stock and I've installed a repro. M1A1 stock on it just for looks. I'm going to field strip my Saginaw and take photos of all parts and send to them for their analysis and comments. Thanks again for your recommendation on the Carbine Club Forum.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts