Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've spent the last few days trying to scrub the rust out of the woodline pits on an IMA 'uncleaned' 1877 LSA MkII barrel using a brass brush. Most of the pits are fairly shallow, but today I noticed some 'pits' near the sight base that were noticably deeper than the rest, and then I noticed 2 more on the other side in about the same relative location. I have a guess as to what they are, but I was curious if anyone else has seen these?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Same marks on my '75 EFD, my '77 LSA, and I believe they're there on my '74 EFD, but the neighboring surface pitting makes the issue somewhat unclear. I'd have to throw my vote in for alignment marks too.

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
Same marks on my '75 EFD, my '77 LSA, and I believe they're there on my '74 EFD, but the neighboring surface pitting makes the issue somewhat unclear. I'd have to throw my vote in for alignment marks too.
EFD?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Enfield.

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
The only EFD I ever saw on a Martini was on a counterfeit Martini.... LSA yes, not EFD.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Old Lee Enfield habit...a bit post Martini, appeared between the world wars.

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
Old Lee Enfield habit...a bit post Martini, appeared between the world wars.
You are forgiven... glad you moved away from the bolt action, magazine fed assualt rifles into the classic antique single MBL...okay so I have a SMLE, it was a weak moment and cheap. :)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
The ready availability of free range Martini-Henrys has the wife looking back on the days of the $100 SMLE with fond nostalgia. She was beside herself when I "backslid" even farther and the Brown Bess showed up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.