Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuco
Owner-Operator-Gunboards.com
USA
13614 Posts
Posted - 01/23/2007 : 7:09:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone seen him in a while?

NebrHogger
Posted - 01/23/2007 : 8:56:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He stopped in briefly sometime in '05, I think. SW

JPS
Moderator - WWI Arms & Militaria Collector
USA
4436 Posts
Posted - 01/24/2007 : 12:08:26 PM
Good question? Alexander used to post almost daily? Hope meverything is okay at his end!

Regards,
JPS

Tuco
Owner-Operator-Gunboards.com
USA
13614 Posts
Posted - 02/03/2007 : 11:41:09 AM

It has been a long while for sure. I also hope all is well with him.

Carcano
- today -

He is back. At least temporarily. And busily working here.

Sincerely,
Alexander

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Carcano?

Capt Zorro
Posted - 04/29/2007 : 09:38:11 AM
We haven't heard anything on the forum from Mr. Eichener in awhile. Does anyone know what is going on? Tuco has asked Wld. Bill and I to help as moderators on the forum (he thinks I need something more to do to keep me busy now that I've retired) to keep things running smooth. Between us we have over 80 yrs. collecting experience but there is no way we can fill Alexander's shoes. Is he experiencing health problems or just become burnt out with the hobby or the internet?

War is Peace
Posted - 04/29/2007 : 4:02:10 PM
I may very well be wrong, but I think that there were some differences of opinion between Alexander and some other forum users. Alexander has a typical European attitude and outlook on many of the world's political issues. I think his opinion of the RoP and the war in Iraq caused a few internet feuds. Personally, I think that's a shame. I have a lot of respect for him as a fellow collector and I think he's a good guy. I miss his posts on the Carcano. That being said, I have profound disagreement with the we are the world, stick your head in the sand attitude of many of our European friends. I just don't think that a forum covering our common hobby is the place to air those disagreements.

Capt Zorro
Posted - 04/29/2007 : 4:21:07 PM
I agree with you on keeping the politics out of this forum. The Minefield is the place to take those topics. Two rules we had at the Fire Dept were not to discuss Religion or Politics at the station. They were usually ignored and many fistfights and bad feelings were the result. When the bell rang we worked together as brothers tho, I hope that Alexander can come back into the fold. His knowledge and expertise were a great asset to all Carcano collectors.

JPS
Posted - 05/08/2007 : 09:39:26 AM
Did anyone ever find out what happened to Alexander? He completely disappeared.

JPS

Capt Zorro
Posted - 05/08/2007 : 6:56:02 PM
JPS, I asked the same queston last week. It's down on the second page of the forum now. War is Peace said that he thought that Alexander had gotten P.O.'d over a political argument and had taken his toy's and gone home. I hate that it happened but I was worried that he might have had health or family problems. Hope he get's over it, we all miss his knowledge and expertise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts