·
Silver Bullet Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my newest addition: 1978 SKS Albanian

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think Albanian SKSs look really cool, but I worry about where the rear sling loop is placed. Doesn't it mess with your cheek-weld when you shoot it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Man, that's the cleanest Albanian I've seen.

Mine is on the other end of the spectrum, but is a great shooter. Got it from AIM as a "gunsmith special". Internally very nice with graffiti and hard knocks outside.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Albanian SKSs look really cool, but I worry about where the rear sling loop is placed. Doesn't it mess with your cheek-weld when you shoot it?
YUP!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very nice!

Do most Albies have a finish on the stock like yours? Mine seems to be more "in the rough".

·
Registered
490 Posts
That is the nicest looking one I've seen in awhile. Mine is a keeper...but not slicked up. You did well ! ! ! !

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do most Albies have a finish on the stock like yours? Mine seems to be more "in the rough".
That's exactly how I got it for the outrageous sum of $275. All matching numbers and no refurb marks. Tiny import stamp under the barrel that I didn't see until I dissassembled it.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Yeah, I shoot SKS' lefty, too.....brass doesn't bother me with them since they throw them so far away and the sling swivels didn't matter. In my early Army days before AR's had the deflector built on the receiver, I couldn't shoot lefty and had to convert to the right. Then they came out with a plastic deflector that hooked under the handle and kept the brass from running down my back..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Howdy,

I bought about 12 or 13 of the Albanians when AIM had them a couple of years ago. Figured such a low volume variant would only go up. If you can get one in that condition for that price, I guess I was wrong.....

I have one that is near mint but the rest of them are "well used". Some are matching, some are not...all covered in goop except the mint one which I cleaned up and is hanging on my SKS wall.

You did well Grasshopper.

Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice Alby!

I had to wade through 4 dogs before I found a decent 1968.The build quality on the Albanians started out pretty nice and then degraded with time.All I had to do on the 1968 was fit the bayonet locking ring to the barrel and replace the gastube rivet!;)Hope that yours is built okay-Gearhead

1 - 14 of 14 Posts