Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an AK with the AK74 polymer furniture installed. I dig the polymer, but sometimes I wish I had the original wooden furniture instead. Anyway, the problem is the lower handguard is slightly loose and has this annoying wobble. The handguard peg is too small for the slot in the reciever. Does anybody know a good way to fix this small inconvenience?

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,405 Posts
I recently purchased an AK with the AK74 polymer furniture installed. I dig the polymer, but sometimes I wish I had the original wooden furniture instead. Anyway, the problem is the lower handguard is slightly loose and has this annoying wobble. The handguard peg is too small for the slot in the reciever. Does anybody know a good way to fix this small inconvenience?

Build up the "peg" on the handguard with JB Steel weld.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can also do a good job by gluing layers of wood on the tongue, or use 5 minute epoxy to build it up.

Another good technique is to make up an entirely new tongue that fits the receiver, then cut off most of the old tongue and use epoxy and some small wood screws to attach the new section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts