Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have some question about modifying my WASR 10/63. First, I'm not particularly fond of the black pistol grip. I like the look of the military brown/maroon color. I was wondering if there are any USA made brown/maroon grips out there? I know you can buy the Romanian surplus grips a dime a dozen but was hoping to get a USA made grip in the same color just to avoid any 922r issues. Also, what would everyone suggest using to finish the stock with to give it a nice military look to it. I don't like the untreated wood and would like to give it a little protection and also make it look more like military. Is there any particular brand or kind of shellac or varnish that is recomended? Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Silver Bullet Member
6,557 Posts
You can buy a USA made slant brake for ~$10 and then use an original Romanian pistol grip.

For the finish, if you are trying to replicate the original, use a stain to get the color you want and then use Amber Bullseye shellac. I dilute the shellac with denatured alcohol and use 3 or 4 coats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.