Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months ago I bought 12 of these:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MAGAKA74-S.aspx

My understanding was that they come from Poland.

Will they fit anyone of the three Tantals I have? Of course not. Nor any other '74.

They appear to hang up at the latch (I suspect they would easily fit the mag-well, but at the latch is where they hang up).

Can this problem be solved by a dremmel? They only cost me $12 each so I don't mind buring one or two to make the rest work right.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
jack the price up to 15 bucks a piece, put them on the WTS board, and pass them off to someOTHER unsuspecting schmuk. :D just kiddin'..... what i'd do, is call centerfire and find out what the scoop is. or you could send me one and i'd try it in my WASR2's and the SAR 3 i have.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
..... i suspect your tantal may be out of spec.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
55,448 Posts
Some times the latch is a bit thick and can be thinned down to fit, other times it's the center rivet set alittle off and they are hanging up there. A dremil should make them fit with ease if they are going in that far and only getting stuck at the very top but make sure where it's hanging up before you do too much work.

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
596 Posts
Both Romania and Poland made 5.45x39 magazines. The magazines are very similar in appearance, but will not interchange between the two rifles. The magazine catch area is slightly different.

I guessing that you probably have Romanian magazines, which will only work in the Romanian AK-74 type rifles (CUR-2, SAR-2 or WASR-2).

·
Registered
132 Posts
I apparently bought some of the same ones from DPH Arms. They wouldn't fit my Bulgarian AKs. I'm going to try to figure out how to make them fit.

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both Romania and Poland made 5.45x39 magazines. The magazines are very similar in appearance, but will not interchange between the two rifles. The magazine catch area is slightly different.

I guessing that you probably have Romanian magazines, which will only work in the Romanian AK-74 type rifles (CUR-2, SAR-2 or WASR-2).

CR was correct, they fit my SAR-2s like a champ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts