Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
It's a Yugoslav imported by Mitchell Arms. It has never been fired and is still in the box.
These are pre 89 ban rifles and very collectable in the condition you noted. You will get maximum $ for it on gunbroker if you feel like going that route or you can list it on the sale board here for 1500.00-2000.00 and it would sell pretty quick.

HTH,
Bill

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got $2200 for the one I sold at auction... 8-10yrs ago. Been kicking myself ever since for selling it. Ye ole military rifle price guide (from 2003) lists them as $2250 in excellent condition. One can't be sure how the 308 Saiga & VEPR have impacted prices on this rare Yugo.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,913 Posts
i think mitchells is pretty proud of their stuff, how much was it when you bought it?
These are one of the best imported. Mitchell or not. The M77 was about $800 in 1994 for a post ban. Very accurate indeed.
Adjustable port on the gas block for different bullet sizes and loads. Many were left over or cancelled by the South African Army back when I have read over the years. In early 90"s I bought multiple M70, M76, M77, and the RPK in .308. Haven't been any imported
for many years. Value depends on whether it got in before the ban, or was one that customs held up. The custom holds had to have bayo lug ground down some, and a plastic thumb hole stock mounted. If ya got one in the solid Elm stock, about $2500 at auction and if plastic stock $1800. OR on up. How do I know? In last two years I sold 8 or 9 and nothing went below $1700 for an M77 two years ago. All were bid $100's of dollars above my minimum. High quality firearms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is a solid stock light in color. I purchased it new in the box and has been in the box ever since. I think it was back in
'87. I believe I still have the receipt for it still in the box.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.