Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Classy...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The title of my post is a sardonic reference to the dollar bill thread...

sarchasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) (n): the gulf between sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it :D

I believe the pledge is statist, idolatrous dreck. I also believe that autographing, standing on, or wearing an American flag is rather tacky... and more than a little arrogant.

Not that any of the above should be a crime. Poor taste, though, especially for an actual combat veteran (Sr) who oughta know better... not to mention, should have raised his son to know better...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, I bet they would say they weren't defiling any actual flags, but facsimiles of flags. I'd almost say that your rigid defense of the flag falls into the category of idolatry.

And I bet they would say they didn't think the pledge was anything but words, words that they live by and respect, regardless of who invented them.

Isn't it ironic that you defend one idolatry and abhor another?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I bet they would say they weren't defiling any actual flags, but facsimiles of flags. I'd almost say that your rigid defense of the flag falls into the category of idolatry.

And I bet they would say they didn't think the pledge was anything but words, words that they live by and respect, regardless of who invented them.

Isn't it ironic that you defend one idolatry and abhor another?

The flag etiquette I learned in Cub Scouts and the Navy is idolatry? Who knew.

Look at the first pic. Dubya is putting his John Hancock on a genuine American flag.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The flag etiquette I learned in Cub Scouts and the Navy is idolatry? Who knew.

Look at the first pic. Dubya is putting his John Hancock on a genuine American flag.
A genuine American flag on a toothpick? Those things are made in china, get off it.

And funny thing is, I didn't realize that the Pledge of Allegiance I learned in Scouts was idolatry? Who knew? Oh, that's right: you apparently did.

I believe the pledge is statist, idolatrous dreck.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A genuine American flag on a toothpick? Those things are made in china, get off it.

And funny thing is, I didn't realize that the Pledge of Allegiance I learned in Scouts was idolatry? Who knew? Oh, that's right: you apparently did.
1. Fifty stars, 13 stripes in the right order. Made in China or not, how is it not an American flag? You gonna get all "meaning of is" on me?

And if you consider that stick a "toothpick", your daddy really shoulda ponied up for those braces... ;)

2. I had no negative feelings about the pledge until I learned the history behind it. If the history as I explained it is wrong, feel free to tell me how. It ought to be a rule around here that when replying to somebody's post, you have to demonstrate that you actually read and understood what they posted.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
1. Fifty stars, 13 stripes in the right order. Made in China or not, how is it not an American flag? You gonna get all "meaning of is" on me?

2. I had no negative feelings about the pledge until I learned the history behind it. If the history as I explained it is wrong, feel free to tell me how. It ought to be a rule around here that when replying to somebody's post, you have to demonstrate that you actually read and understood what they posted.
Sorry to tell yoyu this man,BUT your Boy MB needs to practice what You Preach.:rolleyes:

Also,since you brought it up,IF our money does not belong to us and can be vandalized,Then surely,By that logic,The flag is on the same keel.?.

AND while were at it,I had no problem with the scouts until I found out it was run by a bunch of nuts that like nuttier nuts.:eek:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to tell yoyu this man,BUT your Boy MB needs to practice what You Preach.:rolleyes:
He's not "my boy" and as I see it he gives like he gets. Why don't I go ahead and call you out for the misbehavior of every trash-talking ***** who's ideologically aligned with you?

Also,since you brought it up,IF our money does not belong to us and can be vandalized,Then surely,By that logic,The flag is on the same keel.?.
If a given $1 FRN belongs to YOU then by definition YOU can't "vandalize" it, unless you are Sybil or something like that, but in any case I doubt you'd go to hell for that, or even do any jail time.

Didn't I say that I think scribbling on a flag is tacky, but doesn't rise to the level of a crime, anymore than "besmirching" the Fed's "sacred" paper does? Again, try reading before commenting.

AND while were at it,I had no problem with the scouts until I found out it was run by a bunch of nuts that like nuttier nuts.:eek:
T
M
I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts