1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ny comments on this yet?

A762x54FMJ Russian 7.62x54R Lead Core Light Ball

Item#A762x54FMJ
Surplus Russian 7.62x54R ammunition, manufactured between 1945-47 by the Russian Factory #60. Features a lead core full jacketed bullet, copper washed steel case, and berdan primer. Packaged 440rds/sealed zinc can, and 880rds (2 cans)/wooden crate.

thx

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I have fired a great deal of this ammo without any problems. I like the cooper washed cases, they don't cause sticky bolt syndrome like the laquered cases do.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Shot some of the newer Russian and did not see any real difference in performance vs. Hungarian and Polish. No experiance with the 40s flavor of Russian. Waiting for some range reports on this before buying.

Have Nazi 8mm from the 30s that fires all the time, but these primers are sealed. Wondering if the Soviet 40s without the primer seal will perform as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saw some shot in a semi Maxim today, all lit just fine, however, did have some head separations. If sprayed with WD 40 just prior to firing, the problem went away. Headspace was not an issue as brass cased yellow tip heavy ball ran just fine. This was the maiden run for this semi and 1500 rounds were fired thru it, photos will probably be up on 1919a4 site and MG 42 site later today. For bolt guns this stuff should be the cats meow.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Saw some shot in a semi Maxim today, all lit just fine, however, did have some head separations. If sprayed with WD 40 just prior to firing, the problem went away. Headspace was not an issue as brass cased yellow tip heavy ball ran just fine. This was the maiden run for this semi and 1500 rounds were fired thru it, photos will probably be up on 1919a4 site and MG 42 site later today. For bolt guns this stuff should be the cats meow.
How long did you take to do 1500 rounds? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Firing 1500 rounds through the Maxim had to be a real blast!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran 1000 thru my semi Maxim, 500 thru my 1928 Colt .30-06 semi, about 200 thru my semi Bren and 60 thru my semi PPsh 41. The Virgin Maxim belongs to mp40gunner from the MG 42 board and we took our time so I guess we were shooting for 3 hours or so. Long enough for me to get a bit of a sun burn on my bald spot, there is a lot of messing around time with these watercooled old girls. The reason for the low round count with the PPsH 41 was that I was just confirming that my 30 round Ohio compliant drum mag worked, it did. I may offer that service to other Ohio shooters, what a PIA, ruins a good drum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts