Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A762x54FMJ Russian 7.62x54R Lead Core Light Ball

Item#A762x54FMJ
Surplus Russian 7.62x54R ammunition, manufactured between 1945-47 by the Russian Factory #60. Features a lead core full jacketed bullet, copper washed steel case, and berdan primer. Packaged 440rds/sealed zinc can, and 880rds (2 cans)/wooden crate.

Any experience with it yet?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
This stuff was around a few years ago Not all that good The Hung ST is very good why buy 50 year old crap if you ca buy the Hung.

·
Registered
166 Posts
During, and right after WW2 was a really hard time in Russia, it wouldn't shock me if this ammo was not as good quality as the later production. The Russians sacrificed there normal standards of quality control for increased production in this time frame. I agree that searching for Hungarian LB, newer Russian LB of the more available Bulgarian YT is well worth the effort. I had some bad Bulgarian light ball with 1-3 split casses in each 10 round bundle so I wouldn't buy that again unless it was on strippers. I got one can from SOG of the stripper clip Bulg LB just for the clips and the ammo was alot nicer ammo (no splits, cleaner looking) than the Bulg LB I got that did not have strippers. I got a can of yellow tip Bulg 54R and I have opened all of it and found no splits out of 300 rounds. I bought a bunch of Hungarian light ball and 1980s vintage Russian on Gunbroker.com and they still have some left. Also another vendor had a can of Hungarian yellow tip that went for $65 for 440 rounds, Gunbroker.com is a neat place to buy ammo if your regular guys do not have what you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts