Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Smokin Deal!!!!!

I actualy bought two just for parts for my minty 1964 2A.
But after cleaning them up and test firing them, I was getting 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards....so now I will have a 1964,65, and 66.
With a little cleaning up they will be too nice for parts guns!:)

I say go out and get two or three!
DRAKE

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Ordered one today.
Already have 2 2A and one 2A carbine. All are outstanding shooters.
Hope the new one will be as good.
3 battlepacks of 7.61 NATO for under $50.00 each sealed the deal for the shooter grade 2A.
riflemanone

·
Registered
272 Posts
I saw two of them yesterday. TONS of black paint. I mean lots o' paint!! So much so that you could barely make out stamps and markings. The wood looked really good, though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got mine tonight

I missed the Brown truck this afternoon, so I went to the UPS Center and picked it up. It is a 1964, covered with cosmoline and gobs of black paint, but the stock has only three small repairs, all the numbers match and the bore is pristine. Great deal for $99.95 shooter grade. Now to get the paint off.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Shooter Grade 2a's don't come with the ammo deal. Only the ones they had for 169.00 had that deal. John
That the 2A rifles don't come with the ammo deal would be correct as of this moment, but it was INCORRECT for the previous few weeks. Indeed, they offered the battlepacks with the shooter grade deal.

SlimTim

·
Registered
392 Posts
Very pleased

I got one, with a visible stock repair and LOTS of black paint and authentic Indian cosmoline. But I am very pleased with what I got. It looks as good to me as a lot of $170 ones I see. Also what numbers I see on the metal match, but under the paint it isn't many.

There is a three digit number on the butt stock in white letters. The numbers don't match the serial number. Is it supposed to?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
got two

The brown truck droped off 2 today. Nice bores, numbers match, not too much cosmo or paint. They actually look pretty good to me! Thanks again AIM

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Ordered mine online and it arrived three days later (my home is two days away from AIM in OH via common carrier ground service). Condition is vg/good. The only issue with the wood is the ubiquitious heel repair and lots of cosmoline. For the $ it's a good buy!

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Ordered one yesterday from Brian just to get the feet wet in another collecting direction also got some ammo it should be here Thurs of Fri.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine's here, too. As far as I can see, numbers matching. One good size stock repair and a couple of little things. Bore is very good. Lots of paint on exposed metal.

Put a few rounds through it to function test, and all is well. Big and heavy, so little recoil noted.

A good deal at the price, and the third such "shooter" deal I've gotten from Aim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Recieved mine today and I'm very happy. 3 nicely done arsenal repairs on the stock. The bore is sharp as can be! The trigger and bolt are smooth as butter. 1965 all matching. My
joy meter is pegged!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome! It seems like everyone that I have talked to has had all matching parts except for one guy who had a mismatched bolt.

Mine will arrive tomorrow (Thursday) and I will get pictures up then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts