Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Too much for me too...but I can hope for someday.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have recently acquired this Finned Rem 1917 and it looks to have a different finish than AIM offered rifles. Were there different type of refinishing at different years in Finland?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So when you are saying "they all were refninshed and restocked" - you talking about AIM sold guns? The way of refinish looks like they were dipped into something, not like old Finn refinish from many years ago.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
Yes, I meant all the ones that AIM is selling are refinished. I don't know what you mean about the "old Finn refinish from many years ago". I'm sure these were refinished many years ago. In fact, the hang tags are probably dated when they were refinished. I have some Finn rifles with the same finish on them.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am looking at 1941 VKT and 1897 Sesty and finishes look different on these two rifles. Don't you think VKT has not been refinished? and I think AIM called out Tula pictured rifle under Izhevsk name and Izhevsk under Tula. Am I right?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me Sesty look like it has been refinished and refinished poorly, VKT looks fine, unless there is something I don't understand.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,221 Posts
The pics are showing up poorly for me. Is it possible that the pictures are just lousy?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,221 Posts
Lenscrafter..thanks for the tip. The blue does look different.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
These rifles look great to me. I can't afford them, but hey, they're very nice looking! Congrats to whoever gets 'em.
Poot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello!
It's really hard to see in the photos, but it doesn't look like the bolts are matching on these rifles. Is that typical for Finnish reworked m91 rifles?
Thanks!
Geoffrey

1 - 20 of 83 Posts