Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,703 Posts
Sorry, I like aim, but I'm not paying $99 a tin + $20 in shipping for 54r.

If yall wait a couple months it will be cheaper again. I do believe the ATF is going to get around to this stuff, but it will likely be a while before they do. If you pay the $99 now, well they know they can start charging that as the new normal.

Quickly loosing my enjoyment of milsurps because they are no longer cheap to shoot. It used to be .10 a round, now look at it :/

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
For you shipping is 20 out here is 45

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Sorry, I like aim, but I'm not paying $99 a tin + $20 in shipping for 54r.

If yall wait a couple months it will be cheaper again. I do believe the ATF is going to get around to this stuff, but it will likely be a while before they do. If you pay the $99 now, well they know they can start charging that as the new normal.

Quickly loosing my enjoyment of milsurps because they are no longer cheap to shoot. It used to be .10 a round, now look at it :/
I agree with you this time. There isn't anything readily available that is as cheap to shoot as Mosins had been historically. When the cost effectiveness goes down the fun kind of gets sucked out of the shooting side of the hobby.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of us have not been into this as long as most of you. If I had 1/4 the cans I'm sure some of you are sitting on, probably purchased at $30.- $40. a can..... I would not pay $100. either. I'm certainly not going to buy a lot at these prices but will probably continue to average in, hoping for better prices in a few months. There is always the possibility that 54R is banned from import and at that point $100. will be cheap.

56 cans sold over night.

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,736 Posts
Ridiculus price gouging going on (didn't expect it from aim, but I guess they joined the party).... Stop paying these crooks extra money for the same product that was 20-30 bucks cheaper a few months ago. Each time you buy at their increased prices, you enable them and they make it the new standard.

·
Premium Member
105,717 Posts
Ridiculus price gouging going on (didn't expect it from aim, but I guess they joined the party).... Stop paying these crooks extra money for the same product that was 20-30 bucks cheaper a few months ago. Each time you buy at their increased prices, you enable them and they make it the new standard.
Dam it if the companies make any money!!!! Dammit if they have to pay their employees and other overhead expenses, and then make a few bucks to turn a profit. What's the sole purpose of a business? To make money. Do you guys know what they paid for their supply of ammo? Until you know that piece of information, I'd be a little hesitant to call AIM a bunch of price gougers.

FYI, I've personally talked with one of the managers, face to face on multiple occasions, and he has told me that they've passed through items and didn't make a penny on them. So before you go crazy and start throwing accusations, think a little.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,296 Posts
Yup. I think Milsurp ammo should be 3 cents per round. And gasoline 35 cents per gallon. And bread 5 cents per loaf. And milk 25 cents per gallon. Lets all climb in our Wayback Machine and go back to 1969.

Whoops - we are all in Vet Nam. Dang ----

·
Registered
549 Posts

USMCsean

is absolutely correct.
Even at $120.00 door to door considering the alternatives that is till some cheap shooting.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Well, for two spam cans to where I am at is $69.18 shipping on the coast of oregon, basically almost $70 every two can inrement, ha, I mean, I know some have it rough-ish, I mean, I bet there is someone in Alaska who could chime in on the high cost of what their costs are. It being at a $100 isn't the problem for me, that is very small considering what I usually pay for shipping from a lot of companies due to where I am at, and am accustomed to already. I have to decide if I want more or wait, I aint short of 54r, probably have several thousand rounds on top of some rather expensive 500 round russian silver bear softpoints I bought recently, I mean, if you all have bought any Russian softpoints then you know what I am talking about.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Panic buying goes up, prices go up. Standard seller response to panic buying.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,960 Posts
Dam it if the companies make any money!!!! Dammit if they have to pay their employees and other overhead expenses, and then make a few bucks to turn a profit. What's the sole purpose of a business? To make money. Do you guys know what they paid for their supply of ammo? Until you know that piece of information, I'd be a little hesitant to call AIM a bunch of price gougers.

FYI, I've personally talked with one of the managers, face to face on multiple occasions, and he has told me that they've passed through items and didn't make a penny on them. So before you go crazy and start throwing accusations, think a little.
I agree with this

If you do not like the prices do not buy it then when it runs out or (if) it gets banned do not cry you did not buy it because you do not have anymore when it was available at this price.

Patrick

·
Registered
616 Posts
what'd he say! ammo ban?

I bought two..This shipment includes the following item(s):
Item Description Quantity Unit Price
A76254R Russian 7.62x54R 147grn FMJ 440rd Can 2 $99.95

Shipped on 4/10/2014 via Shipping Charges

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,703 Posts

USMCsean

is absolutely correct.
Even at $120.00 door to door considering the alternatives that is till some cheap shooting.
I have to disagree with you.
If you pay the $120 out the door now, in a few months thats enabling them to tack on another $10.

The people holding this ammo in russia or wherever are making money. If they see its not selling well they will lower the price. If it sells out fast as it is now, they up the price.

I don't blame aim, I blame the people selling to AIM. And if there is a frenzy over this ammo and we keep saying OK to their price increases, eventually it will be $200 a tin+ shipping and still there will be people on here "still better than 8mm prices!!!".

Well a turd sandwich may be tastier than turd lemonade. Doesnt mean I want the sandwich.
---

PS guys, dont bash aim, they are a good company and besides that, just see the Mods reaction.. Like honest's whos nest has been bothered. Blame the people that sell to aim and you should be ok from that sort of treatment.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.