1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
Got one coming, anybody else?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Are they considered a value or do they have any collector interest? Do any of you guys consider them a "collector" piece?
For now most of these would be shooter grade. I would bet they segregate any possible rare variants as they pick them - or before. But for a hundred bucks, meh. you can't buy much for a hundred dollars anymore. I suspect a lot of them will end up with Archangel stocks or worse on them unfortunately.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For now most of these would be shooter grade. I would bet they segregate any possible rare variants as they pick them - or before. But for a hundred bucks, meh. you can't buy much for a hundred dollars anymore. I suspect a lot of them will end up with Archangel stocks or worse on them unfortunately.
What kind of stock is that? A sporter type?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Classic has not been good to me.Lets see how AIM does
You won't be disappointed with AIM.

I have heard negative reviews about Classic back in the day but they have turned around, haven't heard anything negative about AIM.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
What kind of stock is that? A sporter type?
Yes. They are one of the inspirations for many people to turn an heirloom with history into a $100 junker by buying a $200 rifle, adding $200 worth of goodies and a $39,95 scope. Then call it "tactical" and go shoot it with a cheap bi-pod at the tip of the muzzle. Get disgusted with it or drill holes in it to add a $49.95 scope. Then when it still won't shoot well, advertise it on Armslist as a Tactical Scout Rifle. When it doesn't sell, put it away for a year. Complain the bore is pitted. Then sell it for $100 to your buddy down at the trailer park.

Future history of many of these unfortunately. Bubba has a reason for what he does, but I don't understand it very well.

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
Yes. They are one of the inspirations for many people to turn an heirloom with history into a $100 junker by buying a $200 rifle, adding $200 worth of goodies and a $39,95 scope. Then call it "tactical" and go shoot it with a cheap bi-pod at the tip of the muzzle. Get disgusted with it or drill holes in it to add a $49.95 scope. Then when it still won't shoot well, advertise it on Armslist as a Tactical Scout Rifle. When it doesn't sell, put it away for a year. Complain the bore is pitted. Then sell it for $100 to your buddy down at the trailer park.

Future history of many of these unfortunately. Bubba has a reason for what he does, but I don't understand it very well.

Well said. Its sad but true.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
A guy I know threw away the stock on a 1916 Tula and put a cheap plastic one on it. This is basically his story. I swear it is the exact thing that happened to it - except he hasn't been able to sell it yet. He actually offered it to me because he heard I like Mosins. It ticked me off that he even thought of me for that P.O.S. He literally had a hard time hitting an 18 inch satellite dish at 100 yards. He hits it about 4 of 10 times. I can't watch him with it and hardly even talk to him when he shows up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought two from Classic and was impressed. They were better than I was expecting for B and 89.99. my plan was to keep the "good" one stock, and put the other one in a monte carlo ATI or Hogue stock. But after getting them, and cleaning them up, I'll leave them alone. oil bottles, tool kits and non matchin bayo's. Both of mine were numbers matching except one of the stocks. Both Arsenally refinished.

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
thats proably the only decent angle one can find to make it look some what presentable. Usually see them like this out in the wild:.. where is my barf bag

lol @ the gloves... taci cool FTW.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.