Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thats a very nice looking bunch. I really like the Setroryetsk.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,152 Posts
Thats a very nice looking bunch. I really like the Setroryetsk.
My eyes locked on the same one spetz. Out of my price range though. :(

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Man, that's a mean trick posting those right before closing up and shutting down the phones for the weekend! ;)

If they go by faxes and/or e-mails, I just ordered the Sestroryetsk.

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
They even have em' from the rare Izhavsk arsenal! :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
I can truely say I am glad I have the two 1905,1906 SA stamped rifles I found at a pawn shop several years ago. As has been said many times they are not making these anymore and wow prices are really starting to skyrocket on these in decent shape. I wish I had the cash for another but I am putting it back for another Garand.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I have a 1916 dated matching Izzy that looks just like theirs except that it has a Russian stock with Finn swivels instead of the Finn stock pictured. The stock is also dated 1916. It's on consignment at a shop and a customer said that 300 for it was outlandish. I guess it's not so crazy after all.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
I have a 1916 dated matching Izzy that looks just like theirs except that it has a Russian stock with Finn swivels instead of the Finn stock pictured. The stock is also dated 1916. It's on consignment at a shop and a customer said that 300 for it was outlandish. I guess it's not so crazy after all.
The customer may not be too far off the mark with their claim of outlandish pricing. Just because someone else, in this case a company, asks the same price it does not mean their price also is not outlandish. Thing is, one must consider that a company has significantly more overhead to cover so you can expect to pay a bit more than if you came across a similar rifle at a local gun shop, pawn, show, or a gun show.

Tim

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
whimper...

May is the cruel month for me: Daughter's 16th BD (Dell laptop and some stupid designer purse), Son's 21st BD (BM DMC AR and 24" Samsung monitor), Mother's Day and a timing belt for the 1996 Toyota, plus some ammo in various flavors as prices are spiking.

June will be worse, and July, it will be just awful bad.

(Apologies to Eric Clapton.)

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,488 Posts
I just picked up an Albanian SKS. Now I want the Tula.....

I.........must..........resist.......

:(

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dang! My 1915 NEW M91 only cost me $140. :D Sure, it was missing the hand guard & cleaning rod but I got a HG on the way from a guy on another forum and will get a cleaning rod later. The stock looks like a beaver's toy in some places but it will be good for cast bullets & plinking. Sure pays to check the pawn shops out every now & then.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
whimper...

May is the cruel month for me: Daughter's 16th BD (Dell laptop and some stupid designer purse), Son's 21st BD (BM DMC AR and 24" Samsung monitor), Mother's Day and a timing belt for the 1996 Toyota, plus some ammo in various flavors as prices are spiking.

June will be worse, and July, it will be just awful bad.

(Apologies to Eric Clapton.)

Man I feel that pain...MY daughter dropped $600 on a leather bag!
It was about all I could do to keep my trap shut....

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
I think AIM used TG to import these or bought them from TG.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just Thinking

How fortunate for those of us that started to buy M91s when they were flooding the market. After looking at the prices I can only do one thing but smile at my $49 SA marked M91s from each of the three arsenals (and them don't include my regular russian ones), or my Tikka M91 I picked near the Texas border for $99. I can still remember my FFL friend's remark to my wife one day, "You know all these old rifles he's collecting now will never be worth much down the road". I know he ain't the one laughing now over his remarks. What a life.....

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
How fortunate for those of us that started to buy M91s when they were flooding the market. After looking at the prices I can only do one thing but smile at my $49 SA marked M91s from each of the three arsenals (and them don't include my regular russian ones), or my Tikka M91 I picked near the Texas border for $99. I can still remember my FFL friend's remark to my wife one day, "You know all these old rifles he's collecting now will never be worth much down the road". I know he ain't the one laughing now over his remarks. What a life.....

Correct. M91 prices overall are way up as even some of the beater examples that came from the Balkans reaching $175-200 which shocks me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts