Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The down side is that they are $149 each......

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Romy 8mm

I was reading Shotgun News from Jan 07, and InterOrd had this ammo for $30 a can, what a difference a year makes, and it's not even a year yet!!! 8mm surplus is now set at around 25c to 35c a round back where it was in the eighties when it was real hard to find. Great for those who bought at 4-7c a round, terrible for those who are getting into Mausers now.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I got it from IO for $47 per case. Iv got a lot of it I think Im going to sit on it for a few years and see where the price ends up.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,794 Posts
I'm betting the price will go up or go down...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Saw that today as well. I stocked up when it was $60 a case and local pickup. I thought about picking up a couple cases, don't really need them.

Think I will buy a new B barrel M39 instead.

Also looks like the packaging might be questionable. May be some of the stuff I got this spring in cigarette cartons and tar.

·
Gold Bullet Member
886 Posts
Bet it's all gone by Monday COB once the word spreads this weekend. The price is not bad, considering the current drought of 8mm.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Saw that today as well. I stocked up when it was $60 a case and local pickup. I thought about picking up a couple cases, don't really need them.

Think I will buy a new B barrel M39 instead.

Also looks like the packaging might be questionable. May be some of the stuff I got this spring in cigarette cartons and tar.

Hey! I remember that. That was you? The cigarette cartons and tar thing was creepy.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
22 cents a round after shipping? Not likely. Maybe for 70s Yugo or Portuguese N/C, or WW2 German, but I can reload for around that price and have the brass left to boot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts