Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
No problem except the usual bulged cases - accuracy as good as the older Fiocchi Nagant ammo and easy extraction in my half dozen nagants.
Only drawback is if you shoot a LOT - the back of the barrel will lead up, typical of lead bulets shot in any revolver.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,793 Posts
bulged cases for me too... sometimes the empty case just falls out when reloading, sometimes the bulge means you actually have to use the ejector rod.

apart from that, no problems

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,912 Posts
Other than the fact than the aguila is crap, rapidly increasing in price, inaccurate and gummed up my revolver terribly last time i shot it, it is plenty safe to use. If you can get your hands on fiocchi .32 S&W (not the proper nagant ammo by fiocchi, just their .32S&W) it shoots extremely accurate and comparatively clean in nagants. Last gun show i was at wanted $15 for a box of aguila and $20 for hotshot, and i would have rather spent the extra money to avoid cleaning.

·
Platinum Bullet member
553 Posts
works well

I have found it to be reliable and reasonably accurate. I do get some case splits from time to time, plus the cylinder gets very filthy because the round is shorter than 7.62x38. It also dosn't form a gas seal, so be sure you and your neighbors are wearing shooting glasses. I've had some hot particles of powder fly out from gap...

As accurate as Hotshot 7.62x38 in my personal experience. Heck of a lot cheaper too.

·
Platinum Bullet member
553 Posts
"Last gun show i was at wanted $15 for a box of aguila and $20 for hotshot, and i would have rather spent the extra money to avoid cleaning."

I think you're paying too much. I got some for $8 a box recently. Check AIM surplus as they get it in every few months. There'll be a price increase, but I'm sure it won't go to $15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts