1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,668 Posts
Terrible, just terrible. The same page with this has other stories in a sidebar, including one thoroughly debunking Albore's AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH. Turns out the "inconvenient truth" is that there ain't much if any truth in the film. Per a judicial finding in Great Britain. And it seems albore knew it...

I don't suppose that will be much of a surprise to anybody here, except maybe MB - if he'll fall for RP, he probably believes in albore too.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,023 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Our military is rightfully touchy about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING nuclear.

One USN officer of my acquaintance, a helicopter pilot, got in major trouble for an accidental dropping of a PRACTICE B-57 nuclear depth bomb dummy. It had been incorrectly rigged and he failed to pick it up on his pre-flight inspection. As soon as he powered up it dropped off the rack.

He described the result as: "A lot of face time."

·
98,668 Posts
Can't afford to make mistakes with nukes. And getting careless with the dummies us a recipe for getting careless with the real thing.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
And not only did the commander get relieved, they took away his tee time at the base golf course. I am so glad I'm retired after reading this.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303622,00.html
AT,

I betcha that Wing King was allowed to retire along with any other Senior and Field Grade Officers involved in this cluster flop...and most likely the E-9s in charge of the sections responsible for the deviation from applicable Technical Orders (i.e., T.O.s = tech manuals, Nuke directives, etc.) OTOH, I'm willing to bet my retirement check that a plethora of Article 15s (at the very least) were given to a whole bunch of Enlisted Slobs (E7 and below).;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dear tuco, this is OT. I had been a user of the forum for at least a year, Then i dropped out of sight since around 6-30 due to domestic b.s. and must been erased , Is there a way to regain former status?? I figured you are the man to help me, Thanks for your time, Respectfully, tony-08

·
98,668 Posts
I will register a protest here - operations of a B-52 that resulted in a number of nukes falling off inventory for a while is clearly within the ambit of a forum devoted to "Armor, APC's, Artillery, Anti Tank, Mortar, Warplane, Warship". History in the making, eh?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Dear tuco, this is OT. I had been a user of the forum for at least a year, Then i dropped out of sight since around 6-30 due to domestic b.s. and must been erased , Is there a way to regain former status?? I figured you are the man to help me, Thanks for your time, Respectfully, tony-08
I agree with Clyde -Not Off Topic. Nukes-planes

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
Methinks Tony is referring to his own message as being OT, since it clearly is.

A lot can happen in a year Tony, new software, etc. If you'll look, you have a great deal of company with low post counts, etc. That's because we all started over.

You, like everyone else, can "regain former status" by posting a lot.

SlimTim

·
70,023 Posts
Who is going to break the news to Tony-08 that he has to start over from scratch.

·
98,668 Posts
Maybe he has figured it our by now? I look at my post count and wonder what it means - and then quickly figure out it is a matter of spending too much time on line.

·
70,023 Posts
Better than drinking, gambliing, etc. (Cheaper)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts