Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gone for a little bit and am back making the valves again. Those of you that contacted me by PM please contact again by PM to let me know you want one. I replied to all that have PM'ed me. Thanks

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
i have had one for a while now and could not be more satisfied with with it, no more chasing brass, no slam fires(never had any, but don,t want any thanks to the gas valve and cci 34 primers). eastbank.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words. Want to mention there are some firing pin spring modifications that will also eliminate slam fires and you can use regular primers. Yeah....I hated chasing that brass, had to get in my car to go get it LOL!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm interested in the adjustable gas valve. Could you explain what modification needs to be made to the rifle, and is it reversible? Also the cost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested in the adjustable gas valve. Could you explain what modification needs to be made to the rifle, and is it reversible? Also the cost.

Thanks!
Well see Ernest, that's the thing. I wanted an adjustable gas valve that didn't require alteration of the rifle. These rifles are collectors. All you do is take the C-clip off the original gas valve, slide it out, and slide my valve in. In fact unless one looks very closely you can't tell anything was changed. You always have the original valve to reinstall as the rifle is not altered. I sell them for $38 shipped. Just pm me you want one and I'll give you my address.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well see Ernest, that's the thing. I wanted an adjustable gas valve that didn't require alteration of the rifle. These rifles are collectors. All you do is take the C-clip off the original gas valve, slide it out, and slide my valve in. In fact unless one looks very closely you can't tell anything was changed. You always have the original valve to reinstall as the rifle is not altered. I sell them for $38 shipped. Just pm me you want one and I'll give you my address.
Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I love the rifle, but mine throws brass 25+ feet. At my range it throws the brass into a creek next to the firing positions unless it hits somebody beside me, so I have to go wading to recover it. PM sent for one of your valves.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I've been a machinist for over 30 years and for $38 shipped I didn't bother trying to make one myself.

I've had my "starmetal" adjustable valve for several years now and it's simply the best bang for the buck you can get if you want to keep your brass.

I hand load for my 49-56 so saving brass is top priority. With the adjustable valve you can easily control your ejection. :)

Motor

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motor I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad we've all had great success with my gas valve. There are many other rifles out there that mangle and/or throw your empty casings into the next county. To name a couple the Egyptian Hakim, the HK 91, and the Valmet. It's not quite so bad when the case is a plentiful popular caliber, but the French 7.5 isn't exactly.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Motor I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad we've all had great success with my gas valve. There are many other rifles out there that mangle and/or throw your empty casings into the next county. To name a couple the Egyptian Hakim, the HK 91, and the Valmet. It's not quite so bad when the case is a plentiful popular caliber, but the French 7.5 isn't exactly.
I think somewhere here are the pictures of how close to my rifle the shells fall with your valve. I like it a lot. Wish there was something like that for the Hakim; I turned its gas system as close as it would go and the empty brass still goes way way that way

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi. I need the circle clip that holds in the gas valve. I lost mine somehow and blew out the gas valve. I was lucky and found the parts except the clip. In the mean time, I took a 7mm bolt and drilled a 90 degree hole in it, guessing as to the size, and installed the bolt in the gas block. I got lucky, the rifle runs perfect. I would like to have the parts to reinstall the original gas valve so the rifle is back to normal. Might just pick up one of your adjustable valves but that will have to wait a month as I am going to move next month. Thanks....chris

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi. I need the circle clip that holds in the gas valve. I lost mine somehow and blew out the gas valve. I was lucky and found the parts except the clip. In the mean time, I took a 7mm bolt and drilled a 90 degree hole in it, guessing as to the size, and installed the bolt in the gas block. I got lucky, the rifle runs perfect. I would like to have the parts to reinstall the original gas valve so the rifle is back to normal. Might just pick up one of your adjustable valves but that will have to wait a month as I am going to move next month. Thanks....chris
You will have to take your original gas valve to the hardware store and try find a C-Clip that fits it. As of now I don't know anyone that has those parts in stock. Apex Gun Parts use to have the valve and lever, but been out of stock for a very long time. I can make you one of my adjustable gas valves just pm me and I'll give you the details.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
The original circlip securing the gas shutoff system of the 49-56 is a commercial item to be found in hardware stores/autoshops, size is metric 6mm but imperial 1/4 inch clip works just as well.

The Armourer repairs/maintenance manual indicates a mandatory replacement of the used circlip by a new one if the gas system is dis-assembled.

kelt

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Friends and Members. I recently had a request for one of my adjustable gas valve from a Canadian memeber wanting to know if I could ship one to Canada. Here's the rules. It cannot because of ITAR. Now being a "small part" and under $100 it can go, BUT I would have to file such a form that would costs me $100. So to all you other out of country members I cannot ship out of the U.S. , at least not at a reasonable fee. ITAR also does not allow you ship schematics with all the measurements to make an item either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Adj. gas valve desired

I tried to PM but mailbox is full...

Hi, I'm a new member from Washington State that joined shortly after buying my first MAS rifle. It's a G series 49/56 with the .308 conversion. During my first time at the range I fired 120 rounds of various brands to verify function. I had one stuck case, several double fires, and brass ejected 20 feet away.

I've read that the first two issues could be corrected by re-contouring the extractor to better fit the .308 case and by using a modified firing pin (either shortened, spring addition, or titanium). I've also read about your adjustable gas valve to limit the "brass chasing" problem. I like the idea of keeping the rifle original, or as original as a caliber conversion model can be! You seem to have a good product and forum reputation.

I would like information on purchasing one of your adjustable gas valves if you are still producing them and they are compatible with the converted .308 models.

Thank you!

Todd

1 - 20 of 40 Posts