Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the lookout for an earlier import with the less obtrusive safety and posted a WTB ad on the forum. Another member came through and sold me one from his collection and a very fair price. The newer imports with the uglier safety are going for up to $650 now on GunBroker. Now I need to save for a Russian to complete the collection!

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
"Complete the collection"???
What other versions do you have? There are Yugo, Chinese, Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, Soviet, and maybe more...not counting variations.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
"Complete the collection"???
Anyone who “completes” a collection either has Bill Gates money or he’s not trying hard enough to rationalize new acquisitions. ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The expensive Toks are a North Korean and Hungarian. Some like a 22 caliber Sportowy, BB Baikal MP 656K made from an original Russian Tok, and a cheep Hungarian made Egyptian Tokagypt 58. Then there are many cheep commercial made versions by Chinese Norinco and Yugo Zastava. Cheep $125 Toks are now around $400. You do not want to know the price on a North Korean bring back, or un-import marked Hungarian Tok in the US.
Anyone interested in Toks should obtain a copy of Cameron S Whites new book, The Complete Book of TOKAREV PISTOLS .

Most collect by model type, or by the production year for inexpensive Polish and Romanian Tokarevs, and by the crest type for Yugo Tokarevs. Some favor bring backs only. I am still looking for a BB version mint in the box of the Baikal MP 656, last one went $800 at an auction in WI. So prices be crazy. Especially if you add the correct holster for each model.

Check out some of the Tok posts on SRF-- Combloc Pistols - Surplus Rifle Forum - www.surplusrifleforum.org

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
Oh yeah...I forgot North Korean! I would love one of those!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I picked up a Yugo M57 in 7,62mm a couple months back. I really like the piece. I installed a 9mm barrel and recoil spring from my Norinco Mod. 213 and loaded the M 57 mag with 9mm ammo. The M 57 fed, fired and functioned very well and locked open after the last round. I think the M 57 is a keeper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.