Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 M41s. Two are 41Bs and one is a 41. Two of the three will not group. they tend to walk as heated. They show contact points in the stock and handguard. As I understand it contact points are required but where should they be? Any other points of interest on accuracy would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
I have 3 M41s. Two are 41Bs and one is a 41. Two of the three will not group. they tend to walk as heated. They show contact points in the stock and handguard. As I understand it contact points are required but where should they be? Any other points of interest on accuracy would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.
How much they are heated (how many shots) and how much do they "walk away"? Are your scope mounts staying solid?

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
I would love some links. I have two and they are 1.5 MOA rifles with military ammo. If these can kick butt, I need more info..

After the links and such, I have several Japanese snipers that I think will do better, especially after the OPs post. I have adapters for the T97/99 small based rifles too. I have a 99 adjustable too. I think the Japanese rifles can compete.

It seems that the Nikon scopes that have grids for range got their idea from the Japanese scopes.? That sure does simply range adjustments. Not sure what happened to the last of my post originally

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
Mike,
One day I'm going to shoot my T99 Sniper at Anniston.
Tony
I definitely hope you do and really look forward to the results. I have the one Kokura that I shot a 0.78 inch 5 shot group with Norma ammo. The 2.5X scope was like looking through skim milk, so the group really surprised me. If I can ever get the time, range, ammo and health together at once I am gonna try multiple loads, including using pulled soviet Match and Target bullets, using that rifle with my adapter and a common 4X US scope and later with a Japanese 2.5X. One of the T99s will do well, which one I am not sure of yet. I have fired at least 5 so far, have 4 Kokuras and at least 4 Nagoyas.

Sorry to drift off the M41b topic. I still have two and need more tips on getting them to do better too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been away for a while. I shoot handloads and PPU 139gr factory loads. They shoot MOA in the one that groups well. The shots seem to bounce around quite a bit, a few in one spot and then jumps somewhere else for a few. I thought scope problems but I changed the scope and got the same results. Our range is closed until Feb 2021 so it will be a while before I can do anymore testing. Was hoping someone had experience in accurizing. I'm not here often but thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Been away for a while. I shoot handloads and PPU 139gr factory loads. They shoot MOA in the one that groups well. The shots seem to bounce around quite a bit, a few in one spot and then jumps somewhere else for a few. I thought scope problems but I changed the scope and got the same results. Our range is closed until Feb 2021 so it will be a while before I can do anymore testing. Was hoping someone had experience in accurizing. I'm not here often but thanks for the replies.
Is the same happens with the iron sights? It could be problem with the scope mount...

·
Gold Bullet member
9,497 Posts
Two things to check for on the Swedish Mauser:
1. Barrel should be held snugly by the upper barrel band, which should be tight on the stock, with no wiggle possible.
2. Presence of the steel pillar tube in the stock's tang screw hole. It has been known to fall out when the action is removed from the stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.