Gunboards Forums banner

Accuracy

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Gustro79 
This looks like my results shooting off a Lead Sled. The flyer shown here is older eyes and as all know it sure does
not take much on shooters part to put one out of a tight shot group. I think this target indicates a great hand load tuned to a rifle in outstanding condition and a serious shooter. If your rifle is in top condition and your ammo likewise, your shot groups will be similar to this if you do your part. Definitely this shot group proves the rifles potential for accuracy
exceeds the owner ....speaking for myself, I am pleased when a rifle is better than me, its a joy to have such rifles.

I'd bet a beer this rifles owner can easily put 5 rds inside 2 inches at 300 yds.
Agreed in 100%. I love when rifle kicks my ass and I know I have reached my limit as a shooter with it.

On the main subject, key ingredient for the accuracy is consistency. I'm loosing my head sometimes watching some of those hi speed people on the net doing some serious mental gymnastics to justify some shooting techniques, dissecting every 1/1000th degree of the "correct" angle for trigger pull and etc. Don't get me wrong, it's good to bring attention to some aspects of shooting and try to make them better, but in reality, I don't care if you pull the trigger on your rifle with your tongue and your left hand tight behind your back, as long as you going to do it every time exactly the same way - in other words: STAY CONSISTENT to watch you doing.
Human usually is the weakest link on the gun. You are going to induce mechanical errors - but as long as you are consistent with the way how you are using that rifle, you can compensate for it and you are going to have great results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.