Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Auto part

Clamp Vise Tool Machine tool
Times are hard and like many other americans who are feeling the squeeze, I have a hard time parting with money on non-neccessary items. Several weeks ago I decided to buy a new SAMCO PU sniper. After placing the order I started looking around for optics. Original set ups were priced from $380-$450, and repros were around $300 about twice what I had been used to in the past. So after looking around I found that accumounts had a complete po scope/mount set-up for $139. After looking at my options I relized that I had 2 options, spend the money and get an original setup or cheap out and get the PO. After talking with my wife I decided the original route would not work in my case since it would surely lead to me taking up residence in my barn. So I spent the money on the PO. I received it today after only 3 days of waiting. First impression was, well, it is a PU style with 1" rings, the mount/base is parkerized, steel and a bit cruder than the last repro I bought from the Ukraine. The base will be easy to differenctiate from and original, but won't stick out if I decide to put an original mount/PU on it. The scope is russian made from what I've been told and seems to be very stout and well made, the optics are clear and overall I'm impressed. I've had the SAMCO on order for about 3 weeks and it should be here on monday. I'll post a report on mounting it and how it holds up to fire in future posts.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a special select and requested that the receiver matches the buttplate, they told me that the rifle is guaranteed to have an excellent bore so I didn't request anything else. I really don't care about the bolt matching since to me the mods on the stock are a more important feature on a PU sniper. I bought it primarily because I have so much 7.62x54 ammo and I just wanted something new to mess with.

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
My SAMCO/Accumounts setup consistently outshoots my RGuns sniper. I also really like the oil finish vs the Russian shellac. Good luck with your SAMCO/Accumounts repro project. Looking forward to a range report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts