Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the January 2017 issue of Firearms News (formerly Shotgun News) last week and they have a 3 or 4 page article on WWII Japanese infantry weapons. It was written by a guy in Maryland, maybe he's big collector ? ( I can't list his name on here)

Anyways he didn't have anything nice to say about the Type 94. I took a picture of his article on the Type 94 for you guys to read.

Text Paper Document Font Book

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
From both military and ergonomic standpoints, all the specific criticisms leveled in that article are absolutely true.

None of them affect collectibility, however.

That being said, if I had my choice between a T94 or throwing rocks at the enemy, I would pick the T94.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
I've never had any of the problems he mentions. I'll admit that I only ever fired one early example that I had and it worked perfectly and was pretty accurate. I'll stick to my Sig Sauers when it comes to shooting ;)
I now only have an early and late example

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I would rather shoot my type 94 over my type 26
I'll take a Type 94 over a Nagant M1895 ANY DAY! Anytime I show anyone a M1895 I always tell them that "It's the worst military pistol ever designed and deployed. It's the kind of gun you would use to kill an opponent so you could take their firearm and then throw the M1895 away!" After they pull the trigger on the M1895 and then try reloading it EVERYONE agrees! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
His kind of article (with little history, facts, or in-depth research) is one reason why the magazine has decline over the years. I guess we can just call it "fake news/information." (sorry, could not help myself on that one) ;)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
I am impressed with mine. Takes a lot of pressure to get the external sear to release the hammer. Well built and functional. As far as the round I find it as effective as the 38/200 and the Nagant.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've always found the T-94 reliable and accuracy has always been acceptable. Over the last 55 or so years I have probably shot over 70 different T-94s and as long as they had the correct magazine, they all functioned fine. It take s concerted effort to fire pushing the external sear (have never done it loaded) but never had any safety issues with any, early to late.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
I saw my first one at about age 10. I thought that it was unusually ugly. I had to have one and I now find them most interesting. Every collection needs at least one. My early gun is of very high quality.

The round is a little anemic but there are plenty of WW2 pistols with weak fire power. I would take most any pistol in WW2 for that feeling of security they give in a foxhole or otherwise. Of course my first choice would be a M1911 or A1 but even a Nagant revolver a 22 cal PPK would be better than no handgun. Many guys were issued no handgun so get what you can capture IMO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.