Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up years ago, had the usual bring back story, no paperwork so the story doesnt mean anything. It certainly has the 'been there' look but who knows if it got that way in Europe or bouncing around under the seat of a pickup truck :)

Anyhow, its an all matching ac44, no import mark. Some light pitting on the slide edges and the bluing is pretty faded. Frame has the plum color, also has a ding by the takedown lever. Had some kind of oil/grease that dried hard as a rock and was also pretty effective at removing bluing. Its been fired but it wasnt shot much it appears. Bore is shiny and has strong rifling. All small parts that are marked have the eagle/359 mark. Magazine has no markings but has some age to it. It fires/functions fine.

Friend of mine wants it, not sure what a fair price is, prices online are all over the place. Ballpark value?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must agree with no markings but the mag looks good to me. Maybe someone else will opine.

John
I appreciate the replies, its a pretty nice pistol just not my thing. I have seen what looked like similar guns for 350 to 800, but asking and selling price are two different things. I dont want to overcharge a friend and dont want to give it away either.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I think $700 is a very fair price for an honestly worn but original WWII P38, all matched. The mag is wartime, Probably jvd706 manufacture. The WaA is midway up the back spine but looks scratched or rubbed right there. That manufacturer is correct for a later war pistol too. The grips and mag are worth $200+ alone.

Dave

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
I cannot tell if the mag is correct but I would value at $550 to $600 IMHO.

John
You kidding me 500-600 LOL Russian capture are going to that price!!

·
Copper Bullet member
2,031 Posts
650.00 would be a good estimate, any pitting will hurt the value more,most collectors dont like that,honest wear not so much,mag looks wartime.The gripstrap looks pretty much in the white.If it was listed on Gunbroker it would probably bring 700.00 but then the seller would have to pay the auction fee.JMO

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies, it does have some minor pitting in a few spots on the slide, its not real deep but its there. Most likely from sitting in a holster. It is pretty honest and unmolested though, plus its a great shooter.

I offered it to my friend for 500 and he said thats more than he wants to spend, think I will hang on to it for a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.